Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Making Objects Glow in Wings+Povray?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hi all, I've been trying to render images in PovRay using Wings, and I can't seem to get objects to glow. I figured the Emission setting in materials caused them to glow, but no such luck. Any help is appriciated, Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

• xanthraxanthra0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi all, I've been trying to render images in PovRay using Wings, and I can't seem to get objects to glow. I figured the Emission setting in materials caused them to glow, but no such luck. Any help is appriciated, Thanks!

I'm usually just using PovRay, so I'd make the object translucent and place a light or two inside. Not sure how you'd do that in Wings, but maybe you can edit the pov file?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    xanthra wrote: »
    I'm usually just using PovRay, so I'd make the object translucent and place a light or two inside. Not sure how you'd do that in Wings, but maybe you can edit the pov file?

Heh, I wasn't even aware that you could edit models in povray, I thought it just rendered. I wouldn't know where to start with that. . .And, I've been fooling around with some options in wings, and I think I'm making progress.

Unfortunately the only computer that can handle my model is my sister's. I'm using an ancient laptop, that can only do so much. . .
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    Heh, I wasn't even aware that you could edit models in povray, I thought it just rendered. I wouldn't know where to start with that. . .And, I've been fooling around with some options in wings, and I think I'm making progress.
    povray is a stand alone app, I used to use it a long time ago but I could never get my head around having to write everything I wanted to do, modelling is a very slow process in povray

you're definately better off using it with plugins and an interface