Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

A quick and easy way to render a wormhole in 3ds MAX 9?

Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
OK peeps, I know I've already posted a tutorial here on how to make a wormhole in 3ds MAX. Currently I am working on a science fiction series and I need the wormhole to look more...sucky. Like this:

worm-h10.jpg

If anyone has a different, quick and easy way to do this in 3ds Max 9, could you please share?

Thanks in advance,
Toa_Kaita
Post edited by Toa_Kaita on

• Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    i'm pretty sure there aren't any easy and quick way to do it in 3ds max...
    i think this kind of effects are created in postwork....anyway you could try to play wih particles...but it's really hard!
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    You could use alpha maps. That would be quick and easy. Alternatively you could use the twist modifier with some appropriate shapes to do it pretty quickly too. Also particles aren't that hard though you might struggle if you haven't ever used them before
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    i'd render an animation of a swirl on a noise patern, and some effects inside after effect, then use it on a plane (or any object) inside max.
    and after the max render, pass it again into AE for final postwork, like the flare, the glow, and all that stuff.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    You could maybe try tweaking this galaxy tutorial into a wormhole looking thingy.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks a ton guys! That'll help a lot. :)