Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Random spline generator?

Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
Are there some plugins-scripts to create random spline?
i need to achive an effect like the one in the picture below...but it's really a long way to create all that tubes one by one.
71965.jpg
Post edited by Davide_sd on

• GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    There was a tutorial somewhere about generating splines from PFlow particles in max, but I don't remember where I saw that. Probably wouldn't work in this case anyway.

You could try modeling a sufficiently rough proxy object and then converting a bunch of it's edges to splines. With a bit of planning it shouldn't take too long to come up with something similar.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Quick and dirty example attached. With a bit of overlap and some cleanup around the corners and you should have random looking pipes in no time.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    thanks Guerrilla, i've tryed something similar, the problem is to fillet the vertex in the correct direction, because a vertex is the intersection of 2 splines.
  • DmitriDmitri331 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want- but I think it's at least similar. Here's the URL to the forum post with the link:Threedy Forums. It's the Wire Jumble plugin- right at the top of the page.
    Here's the link to the Maya version: Highend 3d. Between those two and some googling maybe you'll find what you're looking for.
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Dmitri wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want- but I think it's at least similar. Here's the URL to the forum post with the link:Threedy Forums. It's the Wire Jumble plugin- right at the top of the page.
    Here's the link to the Maya version: Highend 3d. Between those two and some googling maybe you'll find what you're looking for.

wow, really nice script.
    i'm going to try it right now!
  • DmitriDmitri331 Posts: 0Member
    Davide_sd wrote: »
    wow, really nice script.
    i'm going to try it right now!

I've only messed around with the Maya script, but I found it to be quite good. A nice, convenient way to add tubes and detail to a scene.