Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Dear SketchupKerkythea Gods

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Admittedly, only recently have I resurrected my love of Kerkythea, being one of the better programs when paired with Sketchup.

One niggle I've been having ever since using the program (I started with the 2007 version, and now have recently got Echo for my laptop), I've always been having this hard "jagged-edge" problem. I've tried boosting the antialiasing (I think I've done it right, do correct me), but alas, them jaggy edges still don't cease.

A few renders of my recent build, my version of the Star Trek XI Shuttle, to show you what I mean.

What's odd is that, when I look back at past work I did in 2007 when I first used the program, these edges were quite absent in some renders. Was it something I forgot along the way?

Masters and gurus, please help out.

EDIT: Renders are made with "Photonmap - QuicK" Antialiasing at default. 1280x1024 resolution.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• citizencitizen171 Posts: 0Member
    Admittedly, only recently have I resurrected my love of Kerkythea, being one of the better programs when paired with Sketchup.

I've never used Sketchup, but I've used Kerkythea with Blender. Are you using production AA? What AA threshold do you have?
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    This is simple to fix.

when you open the render window, and select photomap - Quick, instead of clicking OK, click apply. The render settings drop down will reset to - Custom settings-.

Click cancel, then go to render>setup... from the menu.
    In this window, under AA method select either -extra pass 3x3- (quicker) or -production AA (better quality.)

Click OK.

Then when you click on the render button, leave it on the -custom setting- option.

Alternatively, you could try using preset 6 - Photomap Medium + AA 0.3 which is a good overall setting, but may be a little slower than what was suggested above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Ozylot wrote: »
    This is simple to fix.

when you open the render window, and select photomap - Quick, instead of clicking OK, click apply. The render settings drop down will reset to - Custom settings-.

Click cancel, then go to render>setup... from the menu.
    In this window, under AA method select either -extra pass 3x3- (quicker) or -production AA (better quality.)

Click OK.

Then when you click on the render button, leave it on the -custom setting- option.

Alternatively, you could try using preset 6 - Photomap Medium + AA 0.3 which is a good overall setting, but may be a little slower than what was suggested above.
    Oh my, such a simple solution! Apparently I've been messing with the AA before I start rendering, and that the setting doesn't "stick" ;D

Thanks very much Ozzy! =)
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Glad to help. I think I did that too originally. It's a bit of a backwards workflow, but the program is free...*shrug*