Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalVenator Republic Star Destroyer

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited May 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Well I see that there is already a Venator here, but I'm building my own off the Revell kit. I have chosen to light it and I'll be posting some pics of the progress later in the day. I haven't completed yet, but i have begun the painting process. Enjoy:D
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Ok, here are some lighting and painting pics, would greatly appreciate some feedback..................more too come soon!
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet, looks good so far. I have this kit too, and plan to do it at some point this summer, so I'll be watching how you do yours with interest.
    Here are some more painting progress pics....the panels were done with different mixes of gray, the stripes on the wings are thinner than the movie or anybody else's model, that was done deliberately, I think it looks better this way.
    and here's some more
  • TJfoxTJfox0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good. It's a fun build, good luck. :thumb:
    Just an update, i'm progressing along and will have more pics up today, it is nearly complete and just finishing up the primary paint job. Stay tuned!
    here's the pics, these are preliminary lighting tests as well as some shots of some work around the bridge and engines.
    and some more
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, nice lighting, looking good. But it does seem that from some angles it looks like the grey of the hull is just bare plastic, or is this just a photographic effect?
    Oh no, it's not bare plastic, there isn't a single piece of exposed plastic on this model. The paints i used are these: for the main hull flat camoflage gray, hull panneling light ghost gray, light gull gray, and various mixes of the gull and camoflage grays, engines are dark engine gray, the side trenches are based with euro gray and highlighted with light ghost gray, the red is the insignia red. the red is really the only color i used from the instruction specs, it did come out well i think
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, now I see. On certain angles the reflection causes a certain glare1, hence mu confusion.
    I'm eager to see it completed?
    should be done in a couple of weeks or so, i'm trying to have it done for a contest on the 15th
    Well here it is all finished, took way too long to build, but was a great experiment ship for my lighting techniques. Here are the final shots...
    good job. looks great. Gonna make a movie or space scene with it?
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool. How'd you do the base? That's the one part I haven't done on my kit.
    I dunno about a space shot or anything, i don't really have a camera that can make that look good....
    The base though is a piece of wood that was sealed and then sprayed with testors high gloss enamel spray, i had to carve out a few holes and area for the battery pack to go in.
  • TJfoxTJfox0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice!:thumb:
    Just an update on this one, if anyone is interested...I took this ship to Commiesfest(local show in CO), and to Starfest...got 3rd place in Sci-Fi ship category at Commiesfest, and it took best Star Wars at Starfest, and a couple of bridge pics