Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

farscape mod

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hello im farscape fan and i work in the farscape mod for BRIDGE COMMANDER the games and have models by meurig and supernova and autorisation for use they:D.
But i have a problems :(for converted a models ship ( *lwo lightwave in *NIF BCships files).
they models are created by meurig : for exemple:
http://www.foundation3d.com/plugins/p13_download_manager/images/466.jpg
are very good job
I use milkshape for converted but he wright: cannot converted lightwave6.5X
I have converted they files in *obj but they files are most big 100000polys and BC accept for maximum 30000polys.

If its possible to help me please im a novice and its so difficult for my actually competence.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    I think these ships, doesn't matter in obj or in Lightwave, have a fixed polygons number, so it might help if you try to reduce the polygons number.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Enterprais can you help me for reduce polygon without destruct model or texture.
    I Have reduce polygons but the texture have many dammage only the texture f you help me for learn how reduce polygons for have a valid file for are use in milkshape.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Honestly, I think you'd probably have an easier time creating a lowpoly mesh from scratch than trying to lower the polycount of an existing higher poly model that much.

You could give meshlab a shot though.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • D.M.J.D.M.J.0 Posts: 0Member
    You'd have to be extremely lucky and extremely good to reduce polycount and texture resolution so much without losing detail. I agree with Guerrilla, using the high quality mesh as a template to construct something "cheaper" sounds like your best bet. Making significant changes to the mesh is also very likely to screw the UV mapping coordinates, which might explain why your textures look wrong when the mesh is reduced.

If the original is a subdivision object, you can try exporting a version tesselated to polygons at a lower level of detail, but that would probably end up screwing the UV coordinates too.
    I think the model its not the problems but the texture and lights effect its possible this is they problems.
    If a personne can retexturing the model for have a model who can open in milkshape because im novice its so difficult for me a retexturation its so hard for my actually competence.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    The problem is model wasn't built to work in a game engine to begin with. I doubt the textures or the lighting were either. Seriously, you're most likely better off just rendering a couple of highres orthos of the model to use as blueprints and build a lowpoly one yourself.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    But they model created for a game HOMEWORLD 1 and 2 and a mode for this game existed i have. How they creators success to use they file ?
    And you have a good idea but its so difficult build a new lowpoly only im novice :( .
    And its possible i use they HOMEWORLD ships files for created ?