Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSide Projects (Random).

• HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Tell me what you think, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=637&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=639&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=641&g2_serialNumber=1
    A few more minor changes, nothing much.

Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=643&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=645&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=647&g2_serialNumber=1
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    lol, is it a police truck? looks cool
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Looks good but it gave me flash backs to The Banana Splits. :eek:
    Thnx Fellas appreciate it. And no, not really, the blue is just a random color i picked to define the light covers, until I give them their own permanent materials. But it does make it look a police vehicle, I was actually thinking about making multiple versions of it though.

The Banana Splits? I think you're going to have to help me with that one, that show was a little ahead of my time. Was there a vehicle similar to this one on the show?

Not too much done to it in the last day or so.......... Very much busy......:(.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=653&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=655&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=657&g2_serialNumber=1
    Heh, damn I must be getting old :lol:

Here is a picture from the Banana Splits TV show from the 60's.

I just pictured your vehicle full of the rest of the characters acting crazy and bombing around creating all kinds of havoc.
    I was just thinking about some of the heavy concrete trucks around here. Maybe you could move the second set of axles up and make both sets of front wheels turn-able. Then a gap and the last three axles. If it was a bigger truck I would have a second gap between the third axle and the fourth and fifth and have the fourth and fifth axles turn-able too. Just in the opposite direction of the lead axles so that your turn radius is tight but the vehicle can also carry a heavy load.
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    Very boxy, but looks almost like it could work, you could really do with some arches, or raising the body up... those wheels have practically 0 suspension travel... makes it look like you would have a very unpleasant journey even on a fairly decent road surface. raise it up enough so you can see some suspension components in there would help it look a bit more believable, and less banana splits. one banana, two banana, three... no, stop... agh.
    Thanx for the comments Fellas, appreciate them much, :thumb:.

cavebear - I do remember that vehicle :lol:........ I was real young at the time that show was on television, and couldn't understand a thing about it, a couple of my older brothers watched it. By the time I was old enough for it, I think it had already been canceled. Hell it was already in syndication when they were watching it. I think they tried a remake in the 90's though. Or was it in the 80's sometime?

Dual front wheels that both steer........... Not a bad idea. I think I can make a larger variant to go along with that.

Coolhand - Well I need it to be somewhat boxy around the top areas, but I do intend to round off the bottom some. I'm trying to go for a style similar to a current day rescue vehicle made by the Hackney company, the vehicle is called a Bronco. Now as for raising the vehicle higher above the wheels, I intend to get that done soon as well.

More updates soon folks, :thumb:.
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    I knew I've seen that somewhere before, lol. Bv206
    Heh, your link to the BV206 shows a newer one than what I was used to. Back in 86 we were all over northern Norway for exercise Brave Lion and those were used as everything from command to medical evac. They were great. Here is a pic of what I was used to. Now Hundred may or may not take hints from our links and pics but if he never sees them we'll never know!:D

That winch is nice but I'd like to see a removable remote operating control that is housed beside the winch until you need to get out and use it. Then you can operate it from a distance instead of from the winch site itself.
    Redone, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=659&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=661&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=663&g2_serialNumber=1
  • midnitemidnite0 Posts: 0Member
    This S*** is F***in sweet as hell, wish i was that good mind you i'm alot younger and have plenty to learn, might try a few buildings myself before i attempt my space station, there really nicely detailed keep it up more more more :Thumb:
    Starting on a refinery.

I know, I know, the safety guards around the ladders are too small..... Still working on it, more to come. Tell me what you think, :thumb:?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=665&g2_serialNumber=1
    The Pelican Fighter...... :lol:. Still working on it, much to do.

Tell me what you think, :thumb:.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=667&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=669&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=671&g2_serialNumber=1
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    its a bit too angly for me... looks like it would be in a constant nosedive... in a fighter (or any vehicle really) there should be a mostly consistent angle between the sections, in this case wings and the other sections, like engines, cockpit.

the design would maybe work if you lifted the cockpit up, so its centre of mass and centre of drag looks like its inline with the rest if you see what i mean. so the midpoint on the canopy is in line with the wings.
    Thanx Coolhand, but I'm gonna have to get back on that one a little later, implementing your suggestions of course. All good ones too. Appreciate the comments, :thumb:.

Now I jump to the recreation of one of my old characters. This is a guy by the name of Ellim I'Sahurr, long story involved, no time to elaborate.

Old....
    44554d1197529140-my-n00b-nugget-gallery-11_ellim_kayenne.jpg

New....
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=673&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=675&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=677&g2_serialNumber=2

Old....
    44553d1197529110-my-n00b-nugget-gallery-07_ellim_i_sahurr_title-2_000_edited.jpg

New....
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=679&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=681&g2_serialNumber=2
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=685&g2_serialNumber=1
    Arms still needs attention.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=687&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=689&g2_serialNumber=1
    Yeah the arms don't really look very flexible but cudo's on the rest! Now STOP it will yeah? You're making the rest of us look bad...and lazy :lol:

Oh yeah, I never did say anything about the tanks but they are pretty good. Are you going to put them in a air/space port or something else?

You should layout a whole tank farm. That would be cool. Just Google Earth Pearl Harbor and you can find a pretty decent if old tank farm layout.:thumb:
    Thanx cavebear, will do, I was i need of a good layout. And yes, they will go with rest of the military/prison/complex buildings, in one incarnation or other. But I p;robably won't include the stockade building, (yet to be made), in that setup.

Update on the arms, still working on it and other stuff, more to come.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=691&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=693&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=695&g2_serialNumber=1
    One more, :thumb:.

EDIT: Ummm.... maybe two.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=697&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=699&g2_serialNumber=1
    On to the armor. Still working on it and other stuff, more to come.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=701&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=703&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=705&g2_serialNumber=1
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    now he / she looks very interesting Hundred, keep up the good work:thumb:
    Thank you IceDragon, glad you like him, (and he is male). He's an insectoid alien, who belongs to a race I created called the Oliff Anirke.. He's a 6-leg, a giant among his people. Only 1 in every 1000 of their race is born with six legs, the rest have four. The average height of an adult (4-leg) Anirike is roughly 5' 4" tall, the average height of an adult 6-leg is between 6' and 7' tall. The six legs are always singled out from birth as leaders and warriors (elite soldiers) among the Oliff Anirike, because of their exceedingly high intellect, and incredible physical prowess. But in extremely rare instances, (1 in every 1,000,000,000), there are those among the Anirike born with eight legs. The 8-legs grow as tall as 15', and are virtually deified. And in an even rarer instance, (1 in every 100,000,000,000) there are those that are born with ten legs, but in all of those cases, the child dies at, or very shortly after birth. However in the Anirike's far distant past, all of their people were born with twelve legs, and were all warrior giants who grew as tall as thirty feet, and lived many hundred's of years. The current life-span of the Anirike is 100 years for a 4-leg, 125 to 150 years for a 6-leg, and between 150 and 220 for an 8-leg.

The Anirike come in various colors, white (albino), grey, green, black, red, yellow, brown, and speckled, (with any variation of colors). They are an extremely enlightened and friendly people, who only make war as a last resort. In the universe I created around them, they are allies with the humans.

In addition, there is a faction of the Anirike people called the Euroke Anirike, they are all grey. And extremely hostile to any one who isn't one of their own. Including the Oliff.

More on the armor. Still working on it and other stuff, more to come.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=707&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=709&g2_serialNumber=1
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=711&g2_serialNumber=1
    Also, for those of you who were wondering. he does have a mouth, I just haven't made it as yet. Can't decide on how to make it look, :confused:. And, in addition to eating through his mouth as most other known creatures in nature. He can ingest some of his nutrients and fluids through pores in his neck and back, by submersing himself in certain liquids, .

Thanx again.

More updates soon, :thumb:.
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Wow, this guy looks interesting. :) He looks more like a machine, than something that would be alive.

I keep thinking is head would be patterned like a Narn, from Babylon 5, or something. :)
    Thanx madman1701a, appreciate the comments. Machine? If you're referring to his torso and shoulder areas, well it's not his body you see. It's part of his body armor, the only organic things there are his head, neck, eyes, and arms. I haven't started on his actual body just yet, and won't for a while, (the personal life thing and all, work, school, you know :lol:). I was gonna try to remake the scenes I made of him and his people a few years ago. And since you mentioned his head, that is a thing I want to pay particular close attention to, (as it is not finished).The original, (the peach colored face/head, you see on the previous page), was always a disappointment to me; as it was really a partially completed humans face/head, that I decided to use for the 4-legs of his race. I've long since lost his kinds (the 6-leg's) head, both types actually. But it was almost as equally as disappointing to me as well.

And funny you should mention Babylon 5, I just finised watching the first three and a half seasons of that series :lol:. But I must admit, I hadn't noticed the similarities between my character's head, and the Narn's heads until you mentioned it.

Thanx again, more updates pretty soon, :thumb:
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Ow, nice critter you got here mate!
    Meph!!! Where ya been hiding man? In any case, thanx, appreciate the comments, :thumb:.

Still working on him, and other stuff, more to come.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=723&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=725&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=727&g2_serialNumber=1
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Hundred wrote: »
    Meph!!! Where ya been hiding man? In any case, thanx, appreciate the comments, :thumb:.

Still working on him, and other stuff, more to come.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=723&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=725&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=727&g2_serialNumber=1
    This is great! I don't think the arms fit, though. They would look a lot cooler if they were more similar to the legs, and had really long, spindly fingers on them. :)