Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Wars Laser Blasts

AftershockAftershock0 Posts: 0Member
Hi,

I know this isn't the right place, but I'm trying to figure out how to make high quality Star Wars prequel trilogy style laser blasts, preferably in 2D, something like in this image:

beakwing0qt.png

Thanks,
Aftershock
Post edited by Aftershock on

• animatoranimator0 Posts: 0Member
    Your best bet would be a simple E.D. particle system (you're using Max, right?) to sequentially spawn/fire the laser projectiles.

If you would really prefer 2D, GIMP or Photoshop are great options. In either app, you could draw a basic white solid and apply a glow filter, suitably colored.
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    If you are using Adobe After Effects, the best way I've discovered is to use a beam(Filters->Generate->Beam) with some glow and with motion blur(a button which looks like a repeating circle) - don't foget to turn it on in the program's interface and in the layer propetries. An example is in the attachment.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    You can start with a simple spherical gradient, adjust the contrast/levels a little and then distort it into the laser shape you want.
  • AftershockAftershock0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for these responses, guys. You've given me some good things to think about.