Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Blender - Fog in a warehouse

KalshionKalshion0 Posts: 0Member
I'm trying to create a ground fog to add a bit of realism to this scene:

http://www.starfleetplatoon.com/~suisfonia/Tempfiles/PictureRen.png

I tried using the internal mist but it doesn't suit my fancy, and a general search on Blenders main forums have turned up little of what I'm trying to pull off (a light fog, or perhaps you could call it mist). Though I also tried using a plane subdivided a few times with a halo effect and that failed - and trying to use a spotlight with halo effect doesn't work either.

And don't even get me started with nodes, I've tried using them but can never get the node to effect ONLY the mesh (I even tried it with indexing and it still doesn't work, still effects the 'entire' scene),
What I'm trying to do is making it appear how cold the ware house is and that due to that there is a fog along the ground.

Anyone got an idea?
Post edited by Kalshion on

• emotepixemotepix0 Posts: 0Member
    Kyle
    Seems to me that you're pretty much there already. The tones of the piece would be colder, more blues and the lighting needs to be less warm. The realism of the piece would be best served with any kind of decent surfacing - at the moment there's zero surface detail there at all, no shadows or shading. I'd put evidence of cold - frost, etc., if it's an earth-based warehouse with water in the atmosphere - otherwise just cold dust.
    hth
    jm2c,ymmv etc