Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBlakes 7 - The Liberator

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited August 2011 in Work in Progress #1
My very first attempt at a Ship, and in fact I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to 3D modeling. This is as far as I have got so far - basic shape is ok I think but I have a lot of detail to add, and then the part that worries me the most, the texturing!

Any feedback welcome!
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• GlazyGlazy333 Posts: 0Member
    You'll find that most of the detail on the Libeartor was texture, a lot of painted on panel lines but very few kit parts and the like. You seem to have nailed the basic shape alright though !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks, and that's interesting - I am still getting to grips with the concepts of texturing so I guess this will be a good way to learn! I'm working from some pretty awful TV screenshots so I couldn't tell if there was real geometry there or not.
  • GlazyGlazy333 Posts: 0Member
    Here's the link to Martin Bower, the guy who built most of the original miniature Blake's 7
  • The LibrarianThe Librarian0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start with her! Good luck with the rest of the modelling.
  • volkovvolkov0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good. I always enjoying seeing new Blake's 7 projects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted on progress and will no doubt have a few questions as I work through this!

Glazy, thanks a lot for the link, I somehow missed that when I was googling for all this stuff, there are some excellent reference images there!
  • pilopilo0 Posts: 0Member
    nice bro - did you model all the cilinders and cones and add them or did you start with one shape and extruded the rest
    I like B7

Pilo
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Good start!!
    The LIBERATOR is a real cool ship.
    Wanna see more :)