Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Running C4D on a mac on windows

DalekHunterDalekHunter331 Posts: 9Member
i recently bought an Imac which came with a piece of software that enables me to run two or more operating systems, i have windows xp installed as the guest OS because i have the windows version of C4D it runs fine but the mouse is way to sensative when i try to roate around hat im modeling or anything that involes clicking and dragging the object zooms off in the wrong direction or way to far, tis means i cant do much with C4D at the moment

i have tried aletering the sensitivity on the mouse and it makes no difference has anyone else had this problem if so how can i fix it,

thanks
Dalekhunter
Post edited by DalekHunter on

• juanxerjuanxer331 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know if the latest version of BootCamp (1.3), which lets you prepare an updated drivers installer CD, allows for more control there.
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    I don't have windows on any of my macs (i don't know why anyone would want to) but I do have a similar problem when I use my graphics tablet pen to try and rotate, though I have no problem with using my mac mouse but I am using the Mac version of C4D.
    Are you using the Apples Mac mouse? if you are not then do, this may resolve your problem, macs tend to run as smooth as pie when using apple products with it.
    The only difference between the Mac and Windows version of cinema is the serial number. If the mouse thing doesn't work then I would contact Maxon and tell them you have swapped to a Mac and ask them to send you the Mac serial number. Uninstall C4d and reinstall it on OSX (if thats what your iMac is using).
    Running windows on a mac has always run in to conflicting system issues for as long as I have known, I would try what I have suggested.

Hope this helps.
  • juanxerjuanxer331 Posts: 0Member
    I assumed you were using BootCamp, but is that so or are you using a virtualizer app? If it is the later case, perhaps you could try a shareware app called USB Overdrive X: it allows for app-level customization, so perhaps it'll let you relax mouse sensitivity for Parallels or VMWare. You can find it in Mac, Palm, and Windows Software Updates and Downloads - VersionTracker