Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Andromeda suggestions

KwillzKwillz0 Posts: 0Member
Okay, I'm pretty new to sci-fi modeling. I'm modeled a lots of things from tutorials, and a few things on my own, but never a space ship. I want to model the Andromeda Ascendant as a game model. I have four reference pictures as well as screenshots. I plan to make it in blender and use Gimp for textures.

I'm not looking for a tutorial here, but I would like a few pointers on where to start.
Post edited by Kwillz on

• SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    Well, what you are asking has a large amount of scope in terms of what people will say to you. The best thing to do at present is to ignore the fact that its a spaceship and look for some tutorials in creating meshes from reference shots - ideally plan views. Look for tutorials for cars, aircraft and more - they are all equally applicable.

If the views that you have are not orthographic plan views, then that's where you should be starting - create some from your reference materials, even if they are just basic ones to be able to work against.

Very often, then creation of a good mesh does not start with the 3D application, but the preparation of good reference images and a plan on how you are going to set about it.
  • KwillzKwillz0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks.