Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

GMAX Suggestions Please...

Chris VickersChris Vickers0 Posts: 0Member
If anyone can supply me with tips using GMAX, please let me know. If you have a code for 3ds Max (version 6), please PM me with it...Personally, I'd rather work with 3ds, but GMAX is a freebie program, and it's working for now.
Post edited by Chris Vickers on

• darthviper107darthviper107331 Posts: 0Member
    Well, I would say that you should rather use Blender since Gmax is really out of date and it doesn't even have a renderer. Blender is 1,000,000x better than Gmax and it's free also.

And no one's going to give you their 3ds Max serial number, it's an expensive program and people just don't give them away, plus it probably wouldn't work since the number would already be registered, which would make that illegal since Autodesk doesn't allow you to transfer your serial number to someone else. If you are a student then you can get extreme discounts on software. While 3ds Max costs around $3,500 for commercial pricing, you can get an educational copy of 3ds Max (no limitations except that you can't use it for any jobs or anything like that) for under $400 at Studica.com | Your Student Software Store Or if you are OK with a 1 year license you can get it for under $200, which means about $3,100 in savings. And if you can't afford that, then maybe you're a bit to early to be getting into 3D work, but in any case you can use Blender which is an amazing program for being free.
  • Chris VickersChris Vickers0 Posts: 0Member
    I tried using Blender, but figuring it out is a real pain.
  • darthviper107darthviper107331 Posts: 0Member
    Well, it's not like it's supposed to be the easiest thing in the world. And Gmax can't render, so if you want to actually be able to do something and you don't want to buy a program then Blender is your only choice.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    If you have a code for 3ds Max (version 6), please PM me with it.

That request right there implies you're using warez software and requesting Serial numbers on SFM is against the TOS. That's a big no no. I'm closing the thread. If you want to dispute it you may take it up with any of the admins.
This discussion has been closed.