Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Autodesk Inventor?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Been a while since I've posted. Rawr.

In my CAD class at school right now, we're using Autodesk Inventor. I'm pretty good with it too, if I do say so myself. After a few months of modeling random objects and such, I began to experiment and test the limits of the program.

So one thing led to another, and I started building a model of The NX-01 from Enterprise.

I just wondered if anyone else uses/has used Inventor before for something like this, and if They have advice. The program wasn't meant for modeling like this, but since I lack the ability to use any other programs, I felt the need to improvise.

I'll post some WIP pictures later/soon.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I wasn't quite sure where to put it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    I haven't used inventor myself but a guy I used to work with swore by it, loved it immensly. It is great for mechanical work because from what I saw it is halfway between Autocad and Pro-Engineer, both of which I use. I was considering tyring it out since it has the built in animator and movie maker but was never able to tell if I could import all my old autocad models into it, and whether or not it could handle textures.
  • Benji7869Benji78690 Posts: 0Member
    I've used inventor and it's a pretty cool program. I used in in CAD class as well. Your right when you say it's not meant for this kind of modeling. Just like AutoCad has a 3d modeling part to it it just doesn't lend itself to the high quality texturing and complicated shapes that can be achieved by 3DS Max.