Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DGalaxy Class Project (Star Trek Starship)

galaxyclassprojectgalaxyclassproject5 US / UKPosts: 3Member
edited June 26 in Work in Progress #1
Hello

I am working on an internal and external 2D/3D model of the Star Trek Galaxy Class Starship with a corresponding document and blog related to my developments notes for the operation, design and running of the ship. I use 3Ds Max 2025, Blender, and Unreal 5 along with some other applications.

This includes updating an old 2007 LW model I was involved with of the Galaxy Class and all new internals based off an old project but by developing all new assets.

I've been lucky to be able to study the original 6ft model and discuss with its designers so I am taking a more technical approach which mean's internal sets are different to onscreen or other fans work.

You can compare mine in very similar form to STVGP project. Link: https://youtube.com/channel/UCr8dV6sqZiKZdbC9mbsCkOw

LLAP.
Post edited by galaxyclassproject on
Brandenbergevil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiserwibble
Tagged:

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1924 CaliforniaPosts: 2,081Member
    Welcome to Scifi-meshes.com. It's always great to have a new artist with us. Looking forward to what you create.
    galaxyclassproject
  • galaxyclassprojectgalaxyclassproject5 US / UKPosts: 3Member
    Welcome to Scifi-meshes.com. It's always great to have a new artist with us. Looking forward to what you create.

Thank you, I appreciate the welcome. I am just hobbyist doing some fan art that I have been mucking about with for decades and can now bring it onto nice thing..hopefully!`
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1924 CaliforniaPosts: 2,081Member
    You have a lot of software symbols. What is or are your main modeling package (s)? Just curious.
  • galaxyclassprojectgalaxyclassproject5 US / UKPosts: 3Member
    edited June 26 #5
    You have a lot of software symbols. What is or are your main modeling package (s)? Just curious.

I primarily use a combo of 3Ds Max 2025, Blender and UR5.

It’s early days of building my own assets off the back of my experience elsewhere which sadly mean’t I had to start all over again. But I see it as an opportunity to set things right in some areas and do my own thing.
    Post edited by galaxyclassproject on