Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise B Bridge (Generations)

seanrseanr1251 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 627Member
edited June 10 in Work in Progress #1
3gqo5btthv0i.png

Only a tiny fraction done so far on this, but enough to see what I'm doing at least. ;)

ht2s1te2iukl.png
Post edited by seanr on
ashleytingerLizzy777wibbleJayruStarCruiserBolianAdmiralmishasiegfriedsolaremesevil_genius_180Brandenberg
Tagged:

• JayruJayru1466 UKPosts: 771Member
    Awesome, as always!
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • seanrseanr1251 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 627Member
    ymqcdfxqynhe.png
    StarCruiserBolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777solaremesevil_genius_180Brandenberg
    "Hey, Mr Okuda, can I borrow some of that black tape?" 🤣🤣🤣
    BolianAdmiral
  • trekkitrekki961 Posts: 1,413Member
    Very nice !
    tew3eepchncs.png
    Lizzy777ashleytingerBolianAdmiralStarCruiserwibblemishasiegfriedExcaliborsolaremesevil_genius_180Brandenberg
    i5smicfhihpr.png
    BolianAdmiralwibbleStarCruiserLizzy777solaremestrekkievil_genius_180Brandenberg
  • rojrenrojren2396 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,990Member
    I never liked the console bases arranged so closely. I know that if it were me there, I would drop something and it would wedge between them. Looks great, though.
  • solaremessolaremes32 Posts: 28Member
    Very good progress! I also tried to recreate this bridge using your published bridge model. However, I failed at the chairs on this bridge and then went in a different direction. I'm looking forward to the final version!
    rojren wrote: »
    I never liked the console bases arranged so closely. I know that if it were me there, I would drop something and it would wedge between them. Looks great, though.
    That's honestly just a function of where the chairs would fit with them. It was the same in Star Trek VI on the excelsior but those chairs have wider bases, so they barely even fit at all. The only way to avoid that would be to have a wider platform on the Excelsior, which they didn't do likely for budgetary reasons.
    solaremes wrote: »
    Very good progress! I also tried to recreate this bridge using your published bridge model. However, I failed at the chairs on this bridge and then went in a different direction. I'm looking forward to the final version!
    The chairs are typically one of the hardest things to do on these sets. The only exception to that was the TNG bridge, where the wall structure slightly edged out the chairs in difficulty. ;)
    edited May 27 #11
    There's a surprising amount of work to do on those turbolifts yet, but they're in place along with the animated doors.
    9gwaatucmi09.png
    Post edited by seanr on
    ashleytingertrekkiStarCruiserwibbleLizzy777evil_genius_180BolianAdmiralBrandenbergsolaremes
    edited June 4 #12
    huffe2vmo5xy.png
    Post edited by seanr on
    trekkiMadKoiFishevil_genius_180StarCruiserBolianAdmiralLizzy777wibbleashleytingerBrandenbergsolaremes
    edited June 5 #13
    Got some fireflies in these renders, and there's still a bit of modeling and texturing work to do, but it's getting close enough to do full renders. :)

a93dha09lplt.png

3umk1miodqj0.png

Post edited by seanr on
    rojrenBolianAdmiralevil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibbleashleytingerBrandenbergsolaremes
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804433 Posts: 11,109Member
    That's just beautiful. Not only is the modeling top notch, but your materials really look like what was in the movie.
    Thanks!

Another pair of updates - getting pretty close to the finish line now. This set only takes about two hours to render, unlike that TNG one that's upwards of eight (mainly due to the carpet and wood materials in that one). 😄

endln6cmijv9.png

vbm6i8c2nh1g.png
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleashleytingerBolianAdmiralLizzy777Brandenbergsolaremes
    Are there any schematics for the chairs and consoles? I searched DuckDuckGo and looked at the Cygnus-X1 blueprints, but I couldn't really find anything for TNG era stuff. I haven't pulled out my TNG tech manual, but I don't remember it really having schematics for that stuff, I think it just has perspective drawings.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2061 Central OhioPosts: 1,262Member
    Looks great.

Just noticed your Deck 01 decals are all flipped.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1173 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,617Member
    Are there any schematics for the chairs and consoles? I searched DuckDuckGo and looked at the Cygnus-X1 blueprints, but I couldn't really find anything for TNG era stuff. I haven't pulled out my TNG tech manual, but I don't remember it really having schematics for that stuff, I think it just has perspective drawings.

Try this site… http://archive.frogland.co.uk/
    evil_genius_180

Try this site… http://archive.frogland.co.uk/

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I knew they had to exist.
    BolianAdmiral
    Yep, that's the site I use, however that won't always get your across the finish line when it comes to chairs - many of them are actually store-bought items (often somewhat modified). There's an excellent list here: https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/database/chairs-trek.htm

Last few updates to the bridge itself. What remains now is the turbolift and then (possibly later) a conference room/observation lounge off the back.

wbegx6kq8jr9.png

aa0z352iivls.png

2sb9qdsa8dg8.png

57m7hinqxcim.png
    ashleytingerBolianAdmiralStarCruiserevil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777cool65solaremes
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1173 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,617Member
    Beautiful work!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann669 Posts: 1,321Member
    Exquisite!
    Your work is always fantastic. This is just the latest example of the great work you've been doing for many years. I have a question, though. Do you make your own Okudagrams? Those are excellently done.
    seanr wrote: »
    Yep, that's the site I use, however that won't always get your across the finish line when it comes to chairs - many of them are actually store-bought items (often somewhat modified). There's an excellent list here: https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/database/chairs-trek.htm

Yeah, EAS has been in my bookmarks for about 20 years. They do such great investigations into all things Trek. Finding out which store bought chairs were used is definitely helpful.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1880 CaliforniaPosts: 2,030Member
    I want to be a crew member on that bridge.
    Thanks!
    Your work is always fantastic. This is just the latest example of the great work you've been doing for many years. I have a question, though. Do you make your own Okudagrams? Those are excellently done.
    I probably could, but it's way too time-consuming. I've generally just collected what I could online from a fairly wide variety of sources. I've made my own when I've had no other choice, but I try to avoid it as it's a pain in the ass.

evil_genius_180