Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPleiades' Nook

PleiadesPleiades33 Posts: 9Member
edited May 15 in Work in Progress #1
Hi there!

I was a member here many years ago, under this user name. I took a very long break (nearly 10 years) from 3D modelling for various reasons. My primary interest is Star Trek, but I do wander into other areas.

When I have time, I will post various things in here, relating probably more to Star Trek than anything else.

2lgqby7or0b1.jpg
Post edited by Pleiades on
StarCruiserRekkertwibbleWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777
Tagged:

• PleiadesPleiades33 Posts: 9Member
    So, my current work revolves around getting better surfaces, so I started an odd WIP (for Star Trek I think), which is a concept new type of torpedo. I think of it as likely a banned or secret prototype, limited in number. This is the Closed String Supersymettric Torpedo (CSSST), which is an advancement further into the quantum realm of torpedo technology.

This particular shot shows the computer on one side of the torpedo, with a custom LCARS interface. It's about 3 metres long in total. The LCARS panel here is around 28 x 37 cm, to give an idea of scale.

Cheers!

vk0jcs5sj51i.jpg
    StarCruiserwibbleWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777
  • CoolhandCoolhand289 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    the rendering looks great, maybe a mod can merge your posts? otherwise attach a pic of your project to your first post, that way your thread gets a thumbnail image.
    Coolhand wrote: »
    the rendering looks great, maybe a mod can merge your posts? otherwise attach a pic of your project to your first post, that way your thread gets a thumbnail image.

Many thanks!

Post edited to produce a thumbnail. :)
    Some more work on the upper casing. Sensors adjusted (the front nozzles), some sensitive optoelectronics covers on the front. Side flanges are for the warp sustainment modules.

y8v65lcuzd89.jpg
    Lizzy777Mustang13Camaro68StarCruiserwibblemishasiegfriedseanrBolianAdmiral
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    edited May 23 #6
    Hey, I remember you Pleiades. Welcome back!
    Your skills evolved a lot! Congratulations. B)
    Post edited by Starship on
    Starship wrote: »
    Hey, I remember you Pleiades. Welcome back!
    Your skulls evolved a lot! Congratulations. B)

Hi! Yes, I also remember you! There are still a few here I definitely recall.

However, regarding my skills... my skills have always been fantastic; I hope you do not imply that I was ever not very good.

:p

Nah. I much appreciate the comment, and actually, my older models were not great. I had to largely give up 3D for nearly 10 years, mostly owing to the fact my poor Pentium 4 couldn't keep up anymore, and other life problems...

I had a TOS Centaur model I was working on years ago, but my poor PC just couldn't take it anymore.

Regardless, I feel good that someone has recognised the journey! I actually have a ship I am working on as a second phase, and I will bring it here at some point.

Cheers!
    Starship
    Coolant ports added to the centre indented area. Should be active + redundant or recirculation.

4s2wj5lyhge9.jpg
    StarCruiserwibbleWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1173 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,617Member
    Nice. I like the “key scratches” effect on the torpedo casing.