Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Happy Trek and Those Animated Scientists (ahem) Day...

vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
Since so much of this site's work stems from Trek thought it appropriate to drop a note here. I assume there's chat on the discord, but discord is such a cluster-fudge for organization, I think it's useless... Trek's 60th year has been pretty good to us.

Happy Day to all, and those who haven't seen the original animated series, you're missing some of the best Trek moments on-screen...
evil_genius_180

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited September 2023 #2
    vfxart wrote: »
    Happy Day to all, and those who haven't seen the original animated series, you're missing some of the best Trek moments on-screen...

I couldn't agree with that more. I love TAS. It had some great stories written by some of the same people who wrote for TOS. (D.C. Fontana, David Gerrold, just to name a couple) And even one written by Walter Koenig, the only TOS cast member not to lend his voice to the series. A television writers' strike was going on at the time, but live action and animation writers belonged to different unions, I think that's what helps the writing. Plus, without those pesky live action budgets, TAS provided the widest rang of alien ships, environments and species ever. And the show won Star Trek its first Emmy award, for outstanding children's show in 1975.

In honor of the 50th anniversary, I think I need to whip out my DVD set and watch some episodes. (like I needed an excuse)
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    vfxart