Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DZentradi Glaug/Glaaj

vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
edited June 2023 in Work in Progress #1
Yep, disappeared. The last few weeks... my wife's best friend up this way passed away this week, after almost an entire life of every day being one more than she thought she would have... it's been rough. She knew for her last ten days or so that there was no walking away from what was going on. My wife's been absolutely stellar in helping the husband, cousins, mother (who is dying of leukemia to boot) Just incredible to watch her, but painful, had to step away from the PC for a bit ;-)

Still, needs must; job hunting and so have just got back to some mesh work.

A few mid-level pieces to put together, gaps to address etc as I add in and solve areas, that sort of thing. Then, just about set for panels. This'll be my weekend fun.

yh884sb9yq4z.jpg

And the butt shot

c1qjgkidb8aa.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
Lizzy777evil_genius_180McCStarCruiserPheylan
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited June 2023 #2
    I'm sorry to hear about everything you and your wife have been going through.

I had to Google what this is as I'm not familiar with Macross. But, it looks cool so far.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    vfxartscifieric
  • vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
    Thanks! It has been 'always something', cripes! But hey, we persevere... having this to hit for a bit at a time has been good.
    Long way to go, then lining up a quick day back on the Eileen, and then.. thinking rr Stargazer may be up soon! Unexpected by how I'd originally scheduled things, but some fun ahead.

evil_genius_180scifieric
    Ah yes, I remember your plan to do the Stargazer desktop model, so it makes sense you're building some Macross stuff.
    scifieric
    Errr... yeah! Yeah exactly! Ok no, in this case it's because of being a Macross fan since '85 when I saw the film ;-) But bang on for remembering the Stargazer connection... the last of the kits arrived and I'm working up the plan as some back burner fun.

I also have to get some time in to hit a lot of threads here- folks been busy! Got some likes to tap up.

ora1rjnxvknn.jpeg
    qs9zlnkifso7.jpeg

McCStarCruiserevil_genius_180scifieric
    vfxart wrote: »
    But bang on for remembering the Stargazer connection...

I've built 4 models of the Stargazer over the years and researched the crap out of the models and what went into building them.
    vfxartscifieric
    Ahhhhhhh the secret's out! I have to decide if the Sg is up next, or if doing the texture pass on this first, and possibly a Valkyrie to go with it. But I will be mapping the Sg's panels etc as well, prepping all of that and some measuring/diagrams for the Sg donors ;-)
    scifieric
  • PheylanPheylan528 Posts: 92Member
    edited June 2023 #8
    Sorry about the issues you're dealing with, but from my own experiences I've learned we must carry on.

The Glaug/Glaaj looks stunning. If I'm not mistaken, didn't this serve as the Zentradi command mech?

One thing I remember from watching Robotech, was how wacky the scaling was. I seem to recall some scenes where the alien mecha were comparable to the humans, but given how gigantic the Zentradi themselves were, this thing would have to be the size of a skyscraper for them to fit inside. lol.

My eagle-eye spotted what looks like a Galleon light tank in your stack of models. Was that released as a Battletech model or was that design re-used in an anime series?
    Post edited by Pheylan on
    scifieric
    vfxart wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhh the secret's out! I have to decide if the Sg is up next, or if doing the texture pass on this first, and possibly a Valkyrie to go with it. But I will be mapping the Sg's panels etc as well, prepping all of that and some measuring/diagrams for the Sg donors ;-)

It's funny because I always built the parts for the Stargazer as just that: parts for the Stargazer. The different models done in Truespace (none on which I still have, by the way) were done as I got better references, then one was done in Lightwave. (I don't have that one anymore either) I remember Madkoifish once commenting that he recognized the parts from their source material. ;)
    scifieric
    edited June 2023 #10
    Pheylan wrote: »
    Sorry about the issues you're dealing with, but from my own experiences I've learned we must carry on.

The Glaug/Glaaj looks stunning. If I'm not mistaken, didn't this serve as the Zentradi command mech?

One thing I remember from watching Robotech, was how wacky the scaling was. I seem to recall some scenes where the alien mecha were comparable to the humans, but given how gigantic the Zentradi themselves were, this thing would have to be the size of a skyscraper for them to fit inside. lol.

My eagle-eye spotted what looks like a Galleon light tank in your stack of models. Was that released as a Battletech model or was that design re-used in an anime series?

The Glaug is about 17m tall and yeah, the b-team on Macross kinda sucked at getting just about anything right ;-) The Galleon is from Crusher Joe, so if it appeared elsewhere then it was swiped for it. The kits in the studio right now are from Crusher Joe, Lensman, Ideon, Orguss, Yamato, Macross, Mospeada, Xabungle, and Southern Cross.
    Post edited by vfxart on