Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRevisiting a Concept Enterprise WIP

I lost all my animation/media files except for one mid/low poly base models because of multiple HD failures.

Would love thoughts, suggestions, advice, recommendations on next steps (eg. how to approach materials/texturing, best practices on mesh preparation, etc.). I also have to learn Blender as I no longer have access to Maya.

For interest’s sake, my design pillars are below the images (4 is pretty cool since the pylons/secondary hull are more complex than one might think).

Thanks all!

mxzso03p4x2z.jpeg
d42rk445zdxi.jpeg
bo1rfsu15wbk.jpeg
vc44o9gsns92.jpeg
qmtiaikzjyax.jpeg
x80tz6znr16x.jpeg
veef3fxf8ael.jpeg
fkjexnpok7cv.jpeg
7i094hl8sdvz.jpeg
a3rwbhjn6u3h.jpeg
la09w05um68j.jpeg
wd6nmmsgo4hp.jpeg
xgibnh380f1l.jpeg
wo25l7rrt6t3.jpeg
fvah96d1p3pp.jpeg
m44o6se82zak.jpeg
ob7rn1om1gj6.jpeg
brrloisv0tbh.jpeg
ad4nd8e3thyh.jpeg

Design pillars:
1) a rectilinear superstructure atop the primary hull that would have
2) same rising curves and lowering curves into the neck, blending to to an
3) Elongated swooping secondary hull that blended into large sweeping pylons with its apex at the negative delta space of the
4) Sweeping pylons principally made of TWO geometrically similar overlapping wings folded into one another, where the *leading edges traded height along the edge (combined height at front is the same).* The bottom broadened out like a wedge so it looks more aerodynamic from the side, which allows for a nice flare where the pylon pieces are effectively one at the rear. The
5) Nacelles are inspired by Boeing’s Bird of Prey. Very neat looking craft! I wanted the buzzard collectors to look more powerful - black holes scare me so I thought black would look best in renders. The pylons and nacelles used to be much smaller owing to advances in fields and materials technologies, but couldn’t get away from the Excelsior’s beauty.
6) Minimal overt windows - not from laziness but felt that transparency/holography would be fairly easy to implement, which leads me to the
7) Primary saucer’s rings (black parts), which are intended to be cavernous “sky windows” as I’d imagined the inside to more of an open concept using 6’s concepts to make everything feel larger. Speaking of, I love the deflector-grid style bands along the TMP 1701 saucer so used that idea for
8) Varying sensor strips, above which you may notice the placement of
9) Tri-sets of phases on either side of the saucer, which I imagined when preparing for use look like bowls of of swirling dark-matter-like granules. To complement this
10) Vertical launchers for probes and other ordinance are located near the bridge and neck superstructure.