Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PhotographyThe Siege Has Begun

evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
edited December 2019 in Finished Work #1
I was born in 1979, so I was prime age for the Transformers in the 1980s. I got into them back then and I've maintained an interest in them all these years. Though, mostly, I just watch the animated stuff and some of the live action (OK, not much of that.) But, a few months back I decided to start seriously collecting Transformers figures. I'd bought a few over the years, mainly Generation 1 reissues, as I like those designs the best. Well, I recently found the Siege: War for Cybertron line, where Hasbro has finally realized that people still like those designs the best, and they've done a line that resembles the G1 toys, at least in robot mode. Since these are supposed to be the Cybertronian forms of the characters, their vehicle modes aren't quite what they were in G1. But, that's cool. I mostly display mine in robot mode anyway. But, I do like most of the vehicle modes. I'm just "meh" on a few of the Decepticon vehicle modes, but at least the robot modes look great. Anyway, I got a cool Cybertron background in the mail a few days ago, so I decided to do some pictures. And, I figure the best way to share pics is with a slideshow, so I made one:

I only have the one background, and there's no music, but it is what it is. The lighting is also really simple, just an overhead light, and I think my monitor was casting some light on the stuff (I was listening to Pandora.) My camera is just an iPhone 6S that I don't even use as a phone anymore, and I used Openshot Video Editor to make the slideshow. Really simple stuff. Anyway, I thought I'd share. :)

Up next in the Transformers line is more War for Cybertron stuff. It's a trilogy and the next part is called "Earthrise." The figures are due to start coming out in early 2020 and I can't wait. I've already seen some early reviews from people who likely paid an arm and a leg to get the stuff earl off of Ebay, but I won't do that. I'll just wait for them to hit retail stores.

Picture for thread thumbnail:

prime_v_megs002.jpg?w=600
Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
Lizzy777Freakscifiericpubliusr
Tagged:

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    That is pretty cool! I am a tad older than you, so missed out on the Transformers personally. However my son was really into them, mainly Beast Wars and the dinobots. Have you thought about green screening your models into a variety of different scenes.
    scifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Thanks Al. :)
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Have you thought about green screening your models into a variety of different scenes.

Yes, I have. That's certainly an option I'm thinking about. Another is to buy more actual stuff, like plastic set pieces to use for photography. Eventually, I want to do some better photos with better lighting.
    scifieric
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Huge G1 fan.
    I really love these.
    Thanks Dean. :)
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That looks like a lot of fun, Chris!
    Thanks Eric. Yeah, it was a lot of fun. :)
    scifieric