Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Sovereign like Intrepid/Defiant hybrid starfleet cruiser

BlackBootBlackBoot0 Posts: 0Member
Trident2bp.jpg
The basic idea around this starship is a cruiser-sized version based on Defiant and Insurrection Mission Scout Ship design elements - Particularly the encased nacelle design which I think is under-rated by stout Trek fanatics. Personally, I think it makes a lot of practical sense.

I forgot what I had originally named it before it went into the Titan contest, which this particular drawing was done modified for, so I just dubbed it Trident for namesake.

Modellers interested in modelling this are welcomed to do so, though of course do credit me with the actual design.
Tagged:

• KugaiKugai0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool

That comes closest to a version of Voyager I had in mind for a Fic I'm trying to put together now.
  • timelord10timelord100 Posts: 0Member
    Nice design. In my opinion the nacelles are alittle short. The Defiant's nacelles ran most of the length of the ship, and I always thought that the nacelles had to have some length to create a warp field large enough to surround the ship. Yeah, I know, I read too many Trek Tech Manuals. In the end it's only fiction so you can do whatever you want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Oh wow it looks really amazing design, very wicked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    The elements remind me of the Dauntless and it looks more like quantum slip stream drive instead of warp drive. Very unique and seksi addition to an otherwise restrictive genre. I could see it launching from the shipyard 100 years after Voyager.
  • BlackBootBlackBoot0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks all for the positive comments lads,

*kugai, awesome display pic man, hehehe!

and ahh thanks ferrix! you just jogged my memory!

You are correct in observing the Dauntless and slipstream connection because it did play a large part in the inspiration that formed the ship design's backdrop.

Originally this design was running along a vein of thought about a next generation of Starfleet ships post Sovereign-era.

Where the ships registration was going to be along the lines of NVG-288979 or somesuch.

thanks again guys
  • KugaiKugai0 Posts: 0Member
    :D Friend of mine sent me that Pic ages ago. I use it here and there as I'm a fan of Yuri Fic.