Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Suicide Run

BansheeBanshee331 Posts: 0Member
ywings_suicide.jpg
I know it's been awhile. Here's my latest attempt.
Tagged:

• GargoyleGargoyle171 Posts: 0Member
    It's not bad, but I think some things could be improved.

I don't understand why only one Y-Wing has motion blur - now it appears as if the others are standing still. Is that on purpose?

Additionally the plpanet looks odd, although I can't point my finger on the reason. Somehow the surface structure does not match the rest. It appears to be not scaled correctly or to rough and to much contrast. Anyway, it looks very odd.

However I very much like the Explosion ( more! ;) ) and the ISDs look great, in position and lightning alike.
  • AftershockAftershock0 Posts: 0Member
    I love it!

EDIT: P.S. It's looking really nice on my desktop these days! :D
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Wow. Excellent pic! The only thing letting the pic down IMHO is the colour of the moon in the background...It just doesn't gel with the rest of the image, which is very grey with very bright ambient light...There are no black shadows on any of the ships but there are on the moon...I'd also go for smaller and more dense starfield but that's down to personal preference of course.I don't think I've ever seen that Y-Wing model before but it's impressive.Perfect amount of blur. Nicely done.
  • BansheeBanshee331 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the comments guys.

I originally had the moon more grayish, but it was blending in too much with the Star Destroyers. I see what you guys are saying though. Guess I should have picked something else, huh?

Interesting note on the starfield, which is the same one I've used in my last few images, it was pieced together from hi-def screen grabs from A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

Thanks again for the comments. Hopefully my next pic will be better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Really amazing. I really hope those Rebal pilots, (I can't seem how spell right) have the force with them, or this will not end good for the Rebellion.
    Not really an image afficianado, but I know what I like, and I like this. Really nice.
    Very Cool!
  • VADERVADER0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool Image!
    Very nice, it looks as if it came right out of the movies