Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Battle of Osiris

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
kongoOsiris.jpg
A photomanip done using photographs using miniatures (with permission) from www.thomasmodels.com.

Done in Photoshop with the help of a WACOM tablet.
JES
Tagged:

• kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    i don't remember the romulans to use beamweapons in that timeperiod. didn't they use phased plasmaweapons? and where is the connie's saucer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    kuckuk333, the image is based on this miniature by Thomas Sasser. The Kongo was built without a saucer section to be featured as a destroyed starship in an episode of the web series New Voyages, but they ended up using a CG model.

Anyway, the story in the image being that the Kongo has abandoned its saucer section already to damage from the Romulans.

As far as the beam weapons, I've always asumed that the torpedoes supplemented regular beam weapons. We never see beam weapons, true, but then we only see Romulans actually fire their weapons once in the whole series, so I thought there was some freedom to work. YMMV, of course.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    i see, so the Kongo, i guess it's a Constitution-Class unit?, has already abandoned its saucer. your item with freedom of work is alright, but please: what does YMMV mean?
    YMMV means "Your mileage may vary" which is another way to say "You might have think a completely different way than I do." In this case, I just meant that it's a perfectly valid opinion to have that the Romulans only used plasma torpedoes and no other types of weapons.
    Looks verey great, love the scene. :)
    Love it!
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    The Romulans did use nukes in the episode as well, albeit they were from the self-destruct charges.