Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Battle of Romulus

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
battleofromulus.jpg
USS Lindbergh moves to stop the Romulan invasion of Earth. Four Birds of Prey are encountered as it moves into the Romulan system. Red alert and raise the shields. Remus can be seen in the upper right.

The weapon that the Romulans are firing is similiar to the one seen in 'Balance of Terror'. The blending mode changes the color a bit.

This is a test of all the TOS-style effects I've attempted (planets, phasers, starfield). I even left some of the matting on for the BOPs. The starfield I made by taking an APOD picture, and cloning out the galaxies, so I could get a TOS-style starfield.
Tagged:

• jadrejadre331 Posts: 0Member
    This certinally is true to the TOS Style effects, looks pretty cool! Nice way of looking at things, from a retro-perspective!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    It's an good image CaptSparrow, except for the planets... I'm sorry, but they looks too fake. They are glowing like they are cover in radioactive waste!
  • ZardozZardoz2 Posts: 0Member
    Umm... The overall image looks good, except for the planets ... I'm sorry, but for me these two green planet, looks too fake. Even in TOS, the planets not glow like radioactive waste !
  • captainkirkcaptainkirk171 Posts: 0Member
    Very TOS like. I don't know why no one likes the planets, the only unTOS thing about them is that they aren't the same red planet that they always use (but the surface is probably the same).