Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Calmenae T-4(I) Bomber Crew Trainer

Fafnir_6Fafnir_6171 Posts: 0Member
T-4_I_.JPG
The T-4 was developed by the Silurian sub-faction of the Calmenae in my Galaxy A-607 universe. The ships odd design is the result of a co-operation between humans and a friendly alien race in the SIlurian Principality. Besides being used to train crews for Bombers and attack ships, the T-4 is also used for covert operations and as a testbed. The drawing was completed in Apr, 2005 and was posted on SFM shortly thereafter.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Now this one is rather sleek. I have a hard time reading the text in the photo though. I'm guessing this was due to the specified file size. Is there anyway to enlarge it?
  • Fafnir_6Fafnir_6171 Posts: 0Member
    I could send you a full size copy :).

Fafnir_6
  • sleeper83sleeper830 Posts: 0Member
    Only two questions. How long it takes to do? And is this realy pencil or I'm lost my eyes again.

By the way great work. All of them. :thumb:
    It is indeed pencil work. A 0.5mm HB mechanical pencil to be exact and a couple rulers. Your first question is a little more difficult to answer as the time frame for each project varies quite a bit. I work full time and do a lot of sports so working on ships is a sporadic thing, especially during the summer months.

Generally, the process for designing ships is as follows: 1)I draw a quick, free hand sketch in response to either fulfil a need in one of my navies or because I was inspired somehow. 2)The initial sketch is refined by a succession of other sketches. 3) I pick the sketch which best represents what I want to do with the design and transfer it to some metric graph paper using precise measurements and a multiplication factor (most sketches are smaller than the final drawing). 4) On the "grid schematic" as I call it, define most of the major details and placeholders for the final drawing (this is where most of the small scale designing happens). 5) I trace the completed grid schematic onto appropriately-sized blank paper and finalize the whole drawing including shading. This whole process can take a week (the LF-5A fighter) or 6 months ( the CL-5(II)). It all depends on free time, my mood, the time of year and the nature of my other activities at the time.

Hope this helps,

Fafnir_6
  • sleeper83sleeper830 Posts: 0Member
    Wow great. And thanks for answer with little tutorial it helps me a lot. I'm just happy to find someone who don't forget to good old pencil in ages when all scifi art is done by 3d graphic. I'm trying to create something like you but i don't have any inspiration or idol but now i find it in your works and maybe once i can create ships like you. Thanks.
    Hehe, It's a great hobby. Cheap too. When you have some new material, PM me or post it on SFM and I'll happily give you some feedback.

Cheers and good luck,

Fafnir_6
  • HuejassHuejass0 Posts: 0Member
    Very detailed. I'd like to see a mesh.
    I'm afraid I lack the necessary skills. I have a crude top view of the T-4(I) which I could provide someone who would like to render the T-4 in 3D, But I won't be doing a mesh myself. I'm glad you like the detail and you may wish to see some of my other stuff posted here: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/455/cat/500.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    HEH, you have one up on me. I lack the skills needed, an programs for that matter, to do anything related to a mesh. Not to mention little dexterity in my hands. I have often tried something like these, but I can never come up with something I'm happy with.
    Heh, you should see some of my earliest works. Things have come a lonnnnng way since I started doing this tuff in Nov, 1992. Practice makes perfect, as they say.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6