Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

max 9 2sided VP bug?

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9834 Posts: 5,333Member
Ok this is pissing me off. I managed to get around it on my linerunner but other projects now are showing 2sided on the backfacing of the meshes. This is highly annoying since you cannot detect doubled verts visualy.
YES I have turned off force 2 sided in the vp manager as well as went around turnig it off on render as well. SO now I am stuck with this and I have to get rid of it anyone know of a way to get rid of it???
2sided.jpg
as you can see its showing shaded faces on the inside of a open mesh, shere it shouldnt show anything period.

ok nm I found it its in object properties. backfacecull. I dunno how it got turned off or what but shrug.
(((right click object properties.)),object.jpg
and yes, um because I have to be able to conduct txt entry in anothe rlanguage max wanted to use the crappies font and font size for the context menus -_- so if someone knows a dll or inf hack to fix this Ill appreciate it as well :devil:
Post edited by MadKoiFish on
Each day we draw closer to the end.

• dasjodasjo0 Posts: 0Member
    Any special material applied to the object? Finalrender for instance uses 2sided materials as a standard, so all objects with fr-materials are 2sided in vp. Standard material doesn´t do that.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9834 Posts: 5,333Member
    If you read the post I figured it out , there is a object properties setting that keeps getting turned on by default in max now. I just hav eto go in and turn it off.
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Its an option fool!

You will now be pitied. ;)
    Ok and how does this relate to anything short of being insulting?
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Krikey dude, relax! Take a deep breath! Dry your eyes! Blow your nose!

It's called a "Joke." Sheesh. :rolleyes:
    oh, I forgot to laugh. . . ;p