Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

BSG Hull Plating

whitestarwhitestar0 Posts: 0Member
I looked at the tutorial threads, in which one that I cant open the attachment and the others are a Dead link. Im using max 5 at the moment and Im working on my 1st model of a BSG concept ship. Anyone that could give me instructions or a good step by step tutorial would be much appretiated. Becuase Im lost and im trying my butt off to get this right.

Thanks

Whitestar
Post edited by whitestar on

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9834 Posts: 5,333Member
    wrong board.
    Member Tutorials This area is for members to post their tutorials for other members to use. Please note: This is not a requests area. Please use the General Requests forum to ask for specific tutorials...
    If the tuts avalible have problems I suggest you pm the authors. As for the wrong board pm admin and ask to have to relocated, you might spur one of the members to write a tut.
    What your asking about sounds like something that is just pure modling, IE there arnt any shortcuts. I suggest you google for some boxmodeling tuts. MAX5 I cannot remember if it has poly editing tools so you might have to locate a plugin to do some of it. Sorry I dont have links cause all of that is on another pc. But google procured them all for me so it should do so for others.
    MKF-
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Moved to the relevant forum ;)
  • whitestarwhitestar0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks
    ive looked for 2 hrs and I cant seem to find anything that helps with making hull plating for my BSG ship.
  • -MerlyN--MerlyN-171 Posts: 0Member
    I suggest you have a close look at MadKoiFish's Hull Plating tutorial (Click on his signature). Thats really all basics there is in boxmoddeling of hull platings. Then try plating small, simple shapes and work your way up to complex shapes until u finally arrive at your bsg style ship. Aditionally search on google for box moddeling and sub devision modeling and do every tutorial you find. I'm sorry, but there just is no easier way to learn.
    ya, but I am looking for a step by step... Most of those tuts assume you have a good knowledge of max and modeling. Ive been using milkshape for 2 years till i got max. So im still learning how to use max at the moment. Most of those box modeling tuts dont come close to what im looking for. Mako's is the closest but it isnt specific enough for beginers. I will figure this out eventually, im just asking for a hand on the best tut to help me.
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    The only thing I can say is if you can't find the tute, then you need to practice and become the best hull plater with Max 5 . . .
    The concept of plating is easy, once you know the basics you can adapt to any situation.
    gp
    ty, ive upgraded to max 9. Ive found a tut that should help, I just need to fiq out how to do it with rounded or cylinder objects.
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    I am new to Max myself . . I have vers 7,
    Inside Max there is a reference manual and a basic tute manual, I suggest you give those a try, I am sure they will help you out.
    gp