Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DS Max Question..

sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
How do I get the little yellow "whatevertheyare" thingy's to go the FRACK away!!

question.jpg
Post edited by sorceress21 on

• RamielRamiel336 Posts: 0Member
    These are the lights in your scene...
    Whitout them you will have a very poor render!
    Keep them...
  • C_DocC_Doc331 Posts: 0Member
    Or, go to the Display tab on the right side (looks like a TV screen) and check the "lights" checkbox under Hide by Category section...

Lights will still render, but you won't see the dreaded yellow whatchamacallits
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    C_Doc wrote: »
    Or, go to the Display tab on the right side (looks like a TV screen) and check the "lights" checkbox under Hide by Category section...

Lights will still render, but you won't see the dreaded yellow whatchamacallits

OMG Thank you thank you thank you a thousand times, that was driving me insane!!!!

Now....Another question. I finally got my scene to render but the background is getting stretched..How do I stop this from happening?
    F10 and change the height/width/aspect ratio of your render. Shft-F to see the safe frames (outside yellow line is the render size) of what your render will look like.

The other lines can be turned off all together, by right clicking the viewport name/Configure, then unchecking all the boxes in the Safe Frames tab except Live Area. :thumb:
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Again! Thank you!!!! You helped me finally figure out in 10 minutes what took me 8 hours of failure, LOL...Here is the result..

Now...I'd love to create a warp plasma venting effect, I was thinking of trying to do it in Corel...Should I do it in 3ds max instead? Any suggestions on a good place to start with something like that?
    I'd say probably best bet would be a reward facing particle emitter, attached to one of the warp nacelles. Then a suitable colored noise, or gradient map applied to give it some color. And/or some kind of glow effect in Post Production...

That should give you another 8 hours of "fun" :devil:

btw, is there a light source off to the right? Is it casting shadows? The planets have a nice shadow on their left sides, and so should the ship's hull (its lit)
  • ZardozZardoz2 Posts: 0Member
    In other words ... follow a Tut of how making smoke in 3d max which particles, and adapt to be plasma venting (blue color, glowing, and have a straight trajectory) I don't did yet, but I have in my agenda doing it in a near future.
  • SarrajSarraj0 Posts: 0Member
    Definitly follow a few tutorials. Me, I usually ignore them and learn an app by screwing around, but a read a tutorial from time to time. It my take a lil bit, but after you've gotten the hang of it it's really fun :D
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    hey, don't feel too bad, we all had to start out this way (unless we took a professional college course, which I did not) I remember having the most horridly stretched out HST backgrounds every seen