Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Multi Part Rendering

BDelacroixBDelacroix0 Posts: 0Member
I tried a search, didn't find an answer but I'm half sure someone will pop up with a missed answer. Probably because I don't know the exact term used to describe what I'm looking for.

So, on to the question. I am using Max 7. I have a scene pretty well loaded up with stuff. I can render it with some stuff hidden to test and all but it will soon be time to have it all unhidden to do the final rendering. I *know* for a fact that when I unhide the grass in the scene its going to choke down. It may not even render in a reasonable amount of time. With just the grass, for instance, I get the "low virtual memory" window.

In the past, I just turned off the display while it rendered and it helped however, this scene is much more complex so I'm not sure its going to help in this case.

So I began to wonder if it was possible to just render say, an eighth of the scene at a time and past them all together later. It sounds like compositing but its not quite because I'm not rendering a full scene and pasting the parts over each other. I can't do that or I'd not get the shadows right.

Even if I can render just a portion at a time and paste them together, will it even really save memory since all the objects would have to be handled anyway.

I hope I described my problem adequately and thank you for your time. I will let you know if I find a solution should it not already be known here.
Post edited by BDelacroix on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I think I understand what you are looking for. Check out Super Render

As a bonus you can set it to join the fragments together when it's done.
  • RedEyeRedEye0 Posts: 0Member
    On the right side of the main toolbar (beside the teapot) is a dropdown box with the option to render region.
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix0 Posts: 0Member
    Aha, super render looks like just the thing. Thank you.
  • SarrajSarraj0 Posts: 0Member
    Sounds you unhid the grass to render. When I got big things that strangle my computer, I hide them and have Max render hidden geometry. But, that low virtual memory thing might pop up in rendering.

Anyway, it is useful when you want to be albe to work and render work and render and not have something making the work take forever.