Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

need help- basic Blender tips.

wolfcannonwolfcannon0 Posts: 0Member
look i really need help in understanding blender. i am trying to use the tutorials on the blender site and i am failing to grasp how to use it. for petes sake i cant even create the heart it says to make. please someone help
Post edited by wolfcannon on

• SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Thread title modified- you'll probably find more focused help if you try and get a bit of info on what you need in the title. ;)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    People speak highly of Sphynx's introductory tutorials ("Blender for the faint-hearted"), on this very site:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/dojo/

First one's at the bottom of the list. Any good to you?
    you beat me to it clays
  • wolfcannonwolfcannon0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks for the support and i will try.
    okay ive read the tutorial and it is like reading greek. i dont understand half of what it being talked about.
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    With Blender, always remember: One hand on the keyboard, the other on the mouse.

The key to Blender is memorizing the hot keys. You will bang your head against the wall for five to ten days, then suddenly it will be easy. It took me about seven days.

Go to this website:
    Central Dauphin High School | Drafting Technology
    and download the 2-Page Basic Key Commands Handout. Print it out and tape it to the wall next to the monitor.

You might want this as well:
    Reference/Hotkey Map - BlenderWiki
    but maybe not.

Now, work through some tutorials, keeping one hand on the keyboard and the other on the mouse, and frequently referring to the two page cheat sheet.

Tutorials
    Manual/Your First Animation in 30 plus 30 Minutes Part I - BlenderWiki
    Central Dauphin High School | Drafting Technology
    Blender 3D: Noob to Pro - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks

It is tough going at first, but once you've memorized the important hot keys, you'll find that you love Blender's interface, and you can work quite quickly with it.
    indeed. once you have all the basic hot keys, your good to go. maybe oyu also need a book on what all the termanology is?
    thanks you all for understanding what im going through. ok here is one of the problems im going through. i am trying to create the heart from the heart tutorial. i cannot seem to delete the default box though it says to. and from there i run into trouble
  • CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    Select the object (click on it until it is white) and hit X.
    delete also works. but make sure you in object mode, which makes the objects outlined in pinkish colors.(press tab to go from object mode and edit mode)
    so far ive tried your ideas and i cannont remove the default box
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    Run Blender

In the 3D window, at the bottom edge, should be a box that says OBJECT MODE. If it says EDIT MODE, press the Tab key until it says OBJECT MODE.

The box should have a pink outline. If it does not, put the cursor on the box and click the right mouse button. It should turn pink.

Hit DELETE key. A tiny window should appear saying OK? ERASE SELECTED OBJECT. Hit Enter key.

The box should vanish.
    ok so far ive tried all of your advices. i guess im not a 3d designer cause i am unable to get it working
    uuhhh....bro just hit the frackin delete button
    hit the delete button and don't move the mouse right after, there should be a little box. After you see the box click the left mouse button.
    ok ive hit the delete button, ive done everything the tutorial said to do and everyone's advice here. its frustrating to me as i would like to do a 3-d of my ships but i am a total and complete frak up trying to work blender or any other program out here. again ive done all of your suggestions but it doesnt work. i dont know why, and i dont understand 1/10th of what im using in blender. i need someone to explain it to me in a language i understand, and no i dont understand greebles, poly's or all of those terms.
    Which language do you prefer?
    ok here it goes.

step 1- you have your box, selected in pink
    step1.jpg
    Step 2-press x, dont move your mouse and click the button that appears
    step2.jpg
    ok how do i get it to go into 3-D i can only get it to do a 2-D? i understand english but i dont understand many of the instructions that accompany blender. it is very confusing as i dont know anything about it. i understand any frustration on your parts as you are wondering "how dumb is this guy" trust me i understand. i have trouble learning complicated applications
    ok i got the default box deleted. now when i do the add-surface-NURBBS Sphere it comes up solid instead of the wire frame shown in the tutorial. how do i switch between them?
    press z
    okay thanks.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi wolfcannon it's seems that you are in the same boat as me and yes i have had trouble with deleting the default box, as for making the heart well i'm about half way and i still don't know how i've done most of it:help: just keep going and you'll get it.
    My advise for what it's worth is to downloaded the Basic Key Commands Handouts they are a god send.:thumb:
    Hi!

I'm interested about 3D-modelling and i have been useing blender some time now. I just started to think that can you make good results with the blender? If you cant what other program would be good? And can i do high poly modelling in blender like in lighwave
    blender can do nearly anything you want it to, especially if you can write python scripts. and getting good results has nothing to do with the program, just the artist. while some are "better" at some things it really boils down to the artist

EDIT: can you post the link to the "heart" tutorial you are refering to?
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Dallidas wrote: »
    blender can do nearly anything you want it to, especially if you can write python scripts. and getting good results has nothing to do with the program, just the artist. while some are "better" at some things it really boils down to the artist

EDIT: can you post the link to the "heart" tutorial you are refering to?

Here is a link to the download page blender.org - Manuals & Books and the one you want is the Beginners Tutorial Guide .

As for getting good results I've done the heart tutorial and then had a go playing here is the result.