Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Alien texture

sonnybondssonnybonds0 Posts: 0Member
I try to make Alien material. Until new not with very good result. I searched on the internet but couldnt find anything usefull about it. I try to make this:
http://www.battle.net/images/broodwa...xzerg2prev.jpg Can someone help me? I also posted this in the request area but this forum is better i think.
Post edited by sonnybonds on

• AcemanAceman337 Posts: 269Member
    The link doesn't work which may explain why you didn't get a responce. Please post the link again, or edit your orignal posting.

Alien textures are usually alot of bump maps and or percedural textures. Again I'd have to see what your going for.

Aceman
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    Ah you wanna do a Zerg type alien texture from Starcraft. Interesting choice.
  • sonnybondssonnybonds0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah its for a Starcraft expansion. I m new to 3D moddeling so its not easy. the platforms worked out fine but the infestments really sucks, as u can see:
    http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/sonnybonds/platform12.jpg
  • BladeBlade331 Posts: 0Member
    I'd suggest having a look over at neilblevins.com. Most of his tutorials are geared towards max users, but the concepts are easily adaptable to most apps.

Some stuff in particular you may want to look at are wet materials, 'complex' materials using falloff, and complex shaders using procedurals for some relevant pointers. The whole site is well worth a read or two though, and you'll find some nice inspiration in the galleries.

Also, you might want to improve the actual model a bit as well, right now its a bit flat - particularly the edge transitions to the platform - and not really irregular enough. The trick is really to let it -be- regular but make it -look- like it isn't, usually through some clever cheating and creativity. :)
  • sonnybondssonnybonds0 Posts: 0Member
    Thx i try the links right away!!