Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Polys and triangles help

cirus5555cirus55550 Posts: 0Member
Call me a loony bird but whats the difference apart from the four point quad meshing. I ve been applying for a couple of jobs resently and one has asked me to build in some things with a traingle limit of 200 please can someone help me :D
Post edited by cirus5555 on

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
    In max it seems each poly carries two tris. Triangle of course containing 3 points a poly containing 4. Max has a poly counter that will count in tris and poly. So you can set the limit to 200. Thats quite a low # though lol. Most char in fps type games exceed 1000.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • cirus5555cirus55550 Posts: 0Member
    I thorght it was low and the companys developing ps3 how do you set the limit cheers
    Click on utilities (hammer icon) then choose polygon counter. You might have to click the more btn to see it. If I remember correctly I had to add it to the default menu. If its for game they might want it modeled in tri which means you got to model it so.
  • cirus5555cirus55550 Posts: 0Member
    cheers they say I can model it in polys as long as the triangle count is 200 so im stumped
    thanks for your help
    Well then just leave the poly counter set to tri (default setting then model away while keeping a eye on the meter. The limit rollers will have the line turn from green toyellow then to red once you pass your limit.