Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greeble

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hey All! I'm sorry if this has been asked before and i already searched but didn't get a lot but, How do you use the greeble packs? I Downloaded This One but cannot seem to figure it out. Any help is much appreciated!
Post edited by Unknown User on

• efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Well, if I know how most greeble packs work, you have to merge the greeble file with the one you're working with and then you just position the greeble(s) that you want and delete the rest. If you want more than one copy of a certian greeble, you just copy/clone it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    when i merge mine it appears as if it's a max file, is it supposed to do that?
  • ZabieglyZabiegly176 Posts: 0Member
    Well what you download is a max file.

You extract the RAR you get and save the max file along with the documentation to a folder on your harddrive. In Max you choose File > merge and select the Greebles.max file. Click OK and a window appears which lets you select what you want to merge from the file. Just select all (The "All" button which is in the lower left corner of the window) and click OK. Now you've got the greebles in your scene. Maybe you need to zoom out a bit to see them as they are quite large.

Select the ones you want, scale and position them and delete the rest. If you want more greebles of a certain style select the one you want to copy, hold down shift and move it to its new position. In the window that appears after shift-moving it select Instance.
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    You will also benefit if you use layers in your scene. For example, have the ship's hull itself in one layer, have the greebles that are aligned to the hull in another layer, and the greebles that are still lined up true to the global x-y-z axes in another. You can hide the layers you aren't working on to improve the responsiveness of the interface.

Another tip for using greeble packs effectively: combine smaller greebles to make large, complex ones. Most of the really high-poly greebles in my packs are actually combinations of other individual greebles.