Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Adding an outline

hobo_manhobo_man0 Posts: 0Member
Im using 3Ds MAX 8 and I cant find a way to add an outline to shapes or any of my models. I'm trying to make a transparent shape with an outline, sort of like what they had on the Crystal Maze.

maze%20map.jpg

Can someone please help me with this?
Post edited by hobo_man on

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    I dont know about the outline, but you could just set the opacity to around 75% for that transparent look.
  • -MerlyN--MerlyN-171 Posts: 0Member
    I know that the Ink'n'Panit material has an outline option, but I dont know how to use that material.
    U could always fake the outline by using renderable lines. To do so create a new spline and in the Rendering tab check the boxes 'Enable in Renderer' and 'Enable in Viewport'. That way max will draw cylinders or boxes around the lines. Now set the 3D snap setting to vertices and draw lines around all the objects you want to have an outline. Apply a material to the spline and there you go. Hope that helps.
    Greets,
    -MerlyN-
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    You could get the Wiretex plugin from blurbeta. It does pretty much exactly what you want.

You can get the plugin from www.maxplugins.de. You'll also need the 'blurlib' plugin, since it's required by all blurbeta stuff. You can find it in the same place.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!