Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Wavefront or Poser users ???

[Deleted User][Deleted User]392 Posts: 9
I have had no luck converting meshes to 3ds format, they don't import correctly in Max. Can anyone tell me if the following mesh (OBJ) imports correctly in either of poser or alias wavefront. A quick render would be appreciated even if it looks odd. Also the mesh is mine and converted to obj format. Thanks in advance. Lt.Carter
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    why not download an evaluation copy of Deep Exploration by right hemisphere, it's fully functional for 30 days, the full license isn't that expensive and it will import/export dozens of filetypes.
  • Thanks Andrew, but i own the full version of deep exploration. The problem i'm having is that sPatch uses double sided poly's, i export in wrl format and convert to other formats for Bryce then use the bryce export after final assembly. Unfortunately when exported to 3ds format the double sided poly's are maintained and it does not import correctly in 3ds max. I was wondering if it did the same thing in obj format???? That's why i posted the mesh, as i do not have either wavefront or poser to test the file in. (it does open correctly in bryce and deep exploration just like the 3ds files. Anyway attached is a pic of what it should look like.
  • JanJaapJanJaap0 Posts: 0Member
    You do know that max can also handle obj?

If not it does so from I believe version 6 onwards.
    For earlier version you can get a plugin from this site:

MAX Plugins.de - the plugin database for 3ds max R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, R8, R9

Jan-Jaap
  • Wow, guess i have not made myself clear. Do not have the bucks for MAX, the scifi-meshes member STARSHIP showed me that my meshes in 3ds format do not work. My intent is to share my meshes but first i have to find a usable format.
    All i want to know is---- does the mesh work in the 2 programs mentioned.
    I do not need to transform or import into any other programs of mine this mesh.
    Also if you want to try the obj in max also thats fine with me-i just wanted to know about poser and wavefront though.