Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Exporting From Blender

ghallghall0 Posts: 0Member
I have a few Blender models that I'm trying to export, but I'm having a few problems. Firstly, the export time seems too fast, almost instantanious, and secondly, when I import the model into my main 3D app, there is nothing.

Though I have figured out how to export the textures, so no problem there. :)
Post edited by ghall on

• SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    Some of the exporters will export thw hole scene, but some need the specific meshes to be selected - what are you trying to export to?
  • ghallghall0 Posts: 0Member
    Sphynx wrote: »
    Some of the exporters will export thw hole scene, but some need the specific meshes to be selected - what are you trying to export to?

Either 3DS or Lightwave, preferably 3DS
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    I seem to recall that you need to select the mesh that you wish to export in LW - from there on it should be pretty straight forward - must admit, that it's never failed for me. Done this with full UV mapped meshes without problem.
    Sphynx wrote: »
    I seem to recall that you need to select the mesh that you wish to export in LW - from there on it should be pretty straight forward - must admit, that it's never failed for me. Done this with full UV mapped meshes without problem.

I'm having trouble selecting the mesh. Please forgive me, I am a noob when it comes to Blender.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    mmmm i have similar problems. I want to export a mesh to 3ds while preserving its uv coordinates. I cant even get it to export a viable 3ds file let alone with coords and all. This program totally confuses the hell out of me.
    darkprince wrote: »
    mmmm i have similar problems. I want to export a mesh to 3ds while preserving its uv coordinates. I cant even get it to export a viable 3ds file let alone with coords and all. This program totally confuses the hell out of me.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one having the problem. Are you using the Mac version? I'm going to try the Windows version of Blender, and see if that makes a difference.