Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

textures

U.S.S. WINGERU.S.S. WINGER0 Posts: 0Member
i confused which is texture for star trek starship's hull? metal, concrete, aluminum or zinc? i cant find right one..

thanks.............uss winger
Post edited by U.S.S. WINGER on

• RamielRamiel336 Posts: 0Member
    I think you should MAKE a texture for it, the default textures you could find aren't really useful for these things...:)
  • U.S.S. WINGERU.S.S. WINGER0 Posts: 0Member
    can i make my own textures but how? i never thought..:confused:
  • RamielRamiel336 Posts: 0Member
    Photoshop... For example.
    There are some tutorals online (there are some tutorials here too):)
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Whilst this link is for a Lightwave specific tutorials site they have links to some photoshop tutorials. Texturing - LightWave Tutorials on the Web

This site offers free photoshop training, including the classic 'patchwork' tutorial on which all panels are based. http://www.pixelcorps.com/training/content.php free registration.

If you can't afford photoshop remember there are alternatives.

Paint shop pro is very affordable and is quite the powerful tool these days.

Gimp is not some dude in a rubber mask but is in fact a free open source application very similar to photoshop in operation and which some people find even more powerful. Most photoshop tutorials translate very easily into gimp.

Hope that helps
  • smallworldsmallworld335 Posts: 1Member
    I find paintshop pro is very good for texturing. Basically something that can handle layers is a must.
    Absolutely, being able to create a base layer and work individual areas on top of that base is going to save you masses of time.

Good to see you joining in already smallworld :)
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    ok, forgive the spamming of my site, but on this LINK you'll find my favorite texture related links including a few of my favorite tutorials and free texture links... On the bottom of the center column... hope they help!

Jeff
    Some excellent links there JG.
  • Corbin DallasCorbin Dallas0 Posts: 0Member
    JeffrySG wrote: »
    ok, forgive the spamming of my site, but on this LINK you'll find my favorite texture related links including a few of my favorite tutorials and free texture links... On the bottom of the center column... hope they help!

Jeff

Oh yeah. Terrible of you to spam this stuff. (Where's the emoticon for incredible amounts of sarcasm?)

IOW... great stuff.
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Some excellent links there JG.
    Oh yeah. Terrible of you to spam this stuff. (Where's the emoticon for incredible amounts of sarcasm?)

IOW... great stuff.

cheers guys! :)