Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Maya: Disappearing Manipulator Tool

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
I've been searching all night on where I can get the manipulator tool for the polygon extrude and bevel to show up. I only have access to the properties panel, and as such I can't actually extrude anything! Is there some setting that turns the tool off? The tool shows up for the move, scale, and rotate commands.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

• LennOLennO5 Posts: 0Member
    Concade wrote: »
    I've been searching all night on where I can get the manipulator tool for the polygon extrude and bevel to show up.

It does show up as soon as you invoke the extrude command. If it should not, select the specific extrude you want to modify in the channel box under inputs and press "t" or the Show Manipulator Tool button on the left side of your screen. Bevel does not have a manipulator.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    That's what I'm saying, when it's supposed to show up, it's not. When I use the extrude command, I'm not having any manipulator show up.
  • LennOLennO5 Posts: 0Member
    And what I'm saying is, select the extrude under inputs, press "t" and see if the manipulator shows up. If it doesn't, it's a graphics driver issue, if it does it could be some screwed up preferences. Or have you already tried that?
  • aszazerothaszazeroth176 Posts: 209Member
    If you run on a DELL (makes the cross-sign) there is a special Nvidia driver issue that will "disable" a few good to use graphical objects. Solution is noted on them autodesk forums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Alright, turns out deleting the preferences fixed the problem. Thanks for the help guys :)