Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Image blending, with gradients?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Is this possible with the blender node comp system or in photoshop.

What i am want to do it blend to images together, but instead of an even blending im wanting it so that i can blend the middle of the image and not the out sides of each image, but have a smooth transition to each side.

Tell me if that doesnt make sense
Post edited by Unknown User on

• IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    why not just use the eraser in photoshop
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    It's pretty straight forward, put you middle image on the bottom layer, then make a new layer on top of that. setup a gradient fill with black (though it should work with any colour) to transparent. Make 2 fills from either side to the middle so from left to right you have black, transparent (with the lower layer visible through it), black. Now add the image you want at the sides on in another layer over the fill layer. Finally hold 'Alt' on your keyboard and mover the mouse pointer to point between the top and middle layers in the layer, the cursor should change to a black circel over a hatched circle, now click and you will see the top layer becomes inset with a little arrow, this means it's masked over the middle layer... job done:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    thanks coolhand, but slight problem, i only have 2 images not 3.
    read it again:)

you make the middle layer from 2 gradients.
    oh ok illg ive it a try! thanks man!
    alright it worked! thanks again
    np mate:)
  • HellwolveHellwolve0 Posts: 0Member
    An other option is using a layer mask, something I personally prefer. Want me to tell you how to do that or are you happy with your current method?