Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Diffuse Glow effect for sci-fi scenes?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hello!
I was wondering how you would get a diffuse glow in post production. I know this is a 3D forum, but I couldnt find a relevant compositing forum, so here I am. I'm using Max 8, and I have some spaceships with enough specular portions showing. I want to enhance this and try to get an effect where I can get a nice specular bloom or diffuse glow (similar to the photoshop filters-> distort -> diffuse glow) in either after effects 6.5/7 or combustion 4.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

• Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Photoshop (using Gaussian blur after selecting the highlights).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Sorry, I guess I shouldve been more precise. it's for a sci-fi animation.... so photoshopping each frame to apply that distort/diffuse glow filter would be too time consuming. What I'm looking for is a plugin that replicates the photoshop diffuse glow effect, but for video, like an AE plugin or a combustion plugin.
    thanks for the tip though!
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    For animations it would still be done in post using Adobe after effects.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    If you don't have adobe After Effects you can still do it in Photoshop by running a batch process.
  • SandmanNinjaSandmanNinja0 Posts: 0Member
    Can't you run the animation through Post in 3DS and set the glow to a different channel?

Do it all in 3DS
  • Tag_AstroTag_Astro0 Posts: 0Member
    If you're using 3ds, you can add glow in the video post window.
    You can't add too Bloom effect with the glow by selecting Hue in the Glow effect window ;)

Tag