Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Max 8 - Afterburn 3.1

Badi_DeaBadi_Dea0 Posts: 0Member
1 - I am not sure how to make a particle effect blurred, I would like to blur the black smoke around the edges. I figured the easiest way to do this would be to add transparency to the environment effect, but I cant figure that out either. The manual is not too much help on this...

2 - I cant make the particle effect cast shadows, the 'shadow cast' box is checked in the illumination/shading parameters rollout.

any advice would help!
(sry for the small picture, I figure it illustrates the point),thx!
Post edited by Badi_Dea on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    you could try a photoshop or equivilant if its a picture only.....
  • Badi_DeaBadi_Dea0 Posts: 0Member
    Nope, Animation...

Would anyone know how to make it work if I post the scene file?
    :stupid: Not too sure if I should do that...
  • ZardozZardoz2 Posts: 0Member
    I have a crazy idea....
    You can try put a camera where are the light source. Make a render from these point of the smoke/fire effect only. You use the alpha of these animation (you can render the frames for example, in PNG) to apply like a light map in the light source, creating a fake shadow. It should work, mainly is the same technique used in UT2004 to create some fake shadows which "projectors"
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Which renderer are you using? Make sure there's not a 'consider atmospherics' checkbox anywhere in the render dialog, which you need to check. That would fix the missing shadows.

As far as blur goes, I'm not quite sure what kind of effect you're going for, but isn't there a blur parameter in the noise settings somewhere in AB?
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!