Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!
This is the fancy new sidebar. It offers quick access to your profile, messages, threads and so on.
Hit the X in the top right corner to dismiss this message.
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Rotating Planet?

BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral238 Posts: 1,649Member
Hey, all. IDK if this is even possible, or how it works, but I thought I'd ask. I have a surface map image of a planet that was created for me, and was used to make a static 2D image of a planet. I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to take that surface map, and somehow apply it to a 3D planet that can actually rotate? Basically just a looping animation of the rotating planet?

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral238 Posts: 1,649Member
    Hey, all. IDK if this is even possible, or how it works, but I thought I'd ask. I have a surface map image of a planet that was created for me, and was used to make a static 2D image of a planet. I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to take that surface map, and somehow apply it to a 3D planet that can actually rotate? Basically just a looping animation of the rotating planet?
  • Chris2005Chris2005336 Posts: 2,815Member
    Yes, quite easily. :)
    Are you game? :D
  • Chris2005Chris2005336 Posts: 2,815Member
    I'd be down to give it a shot. :D
    Oh, sweet, thanks! PM me your email, and I'll send you the 2D map.