Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Enterprise NCC-1701 (Discovery Version)

DonDonP1DonDonP1171 Posts: 0Member
Hello, everyone.

It has been a few years since I have used Blender, mostly for restoring videos that were full of dirts and scratches; I export the ones into frames, carefully remove the dirts and scratches with GIMP, imported the restored frames with Blender and export them into a video. Earlier this week, I began--and am continuing--to attempt to create my faithful Blender model of the Federation Starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701, as seen in the season finale of Star Trek: Discovery. It is challenging, yet worth a shot. I was inspired by a few tutorial videos I have viewed on YouTube. Once the exterior creation is complete, I may add some textures that I would create from the ground up.
112245.png
Tagged:

• scifiericscifieric1123 Posts: 1,498Member
    I am intrigued!
  • zillabeastzillabeast335 Posts: 28Member
    it's the best looking ship on that entire show.
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    zillabeast wrote: »
    it's the best looking ship on that entire show.

True. But that bar is set very, very low...
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    The new redressed Enterprise can be seen in the upcoming calendar: https://cdn.ome.lt/extras/conteudos/star-trek-discovery-enterprise.jpeg ;)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972332 Posts: 1,210Member
    ^^ That looks really nice. The colours there suit it well. Absolutely loving those nacelles.
    it's a nice enough design, and the model looks great ... but it's not what was promised to the fans (everything will fit with the established canon, and all that jazz), but if fits perfectly fine with the aesthetic they've established for DISCO.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Well, they are still saying that this season will explain how it all fits. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with as an explanation.
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I wish they’d just say, “This is canon but we’re updating the look for today. Just pretend it’s always looked like this like you used to do.”
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That's probably what they should just say. In any case, I'm leaving this here in case it hasn't been seen.

CEzYhGg.jpg
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss171 Posts: 0Member
    The new Enterprise looks really good!
    TrekMD wrote: »
    Well, they are still saying that this season will explain how it all fits. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with as an explanation.

it's the same BS again. They said the end of season one will show how it all fits perfectly fine together. It doesn't, which is fine. They should just stop BS-ing us and stick to their canon-reboot guns.
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    ST-One wrote: »
    it's the same BS again. They said the end of season one will show how it all fits perfectly fine together. It doesn't, which is fine. They should just stop BS-ing us and stick to their canon-reboot guns.

Or we could all stop pretending that a 2018 tv show should have the production values of the GD 70's...
  • rojrenrojren2420 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,994Member
    (Late 1960's)
    Or we could all stop pretending that a 2018 tv show should have the production values of the GD 70's...

Not one single person is saying that. No a single person would expect a show today to look like it would have in the 1960s. That's why they should have left the TOS era alone, or they should stop pretending that this is still all in line with TOS. It isn't.

Like it or not, the TOS Enterprise is something of a holy cow; you don't ever touch her. And you don't ever change her design or look. Whenever she was shown in the other shows or films she looked (basically) like she did in the 60s. Even the JJ-films would have presented her (or the Constitution class) unchanged in "Into Darkness" if the scene hadn't been cut.
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    I would.
    What Enterprise did for "In a mirror darkly" was perfect. They respected TOS and it looked fantastic. All the bright colors really looked more futuristic than Enterprise. And what DS9 did for "Trials and Tribble-ations" was beyond fantastic.

I expected discovery to be like that. What they did is not only did they change Star Trek look completely. They also changed everything Star Trek was about.

Recently I read that producers will change interiors to "fit discovery universe". That means they will change everything and I don't even want to see that.
    I14R10 wrote: »
    Recently I read that producers will change interiors to "fit discovery universe". That means they will change everything and I don't even want to see that.

I view DISCO as a reboot - a bad one. That makes it easier for me to dismiss it completely.
  • DonDonP1DonDonP1171 Posts: 0Member
    scifieric wrote: »
    I am intrigued!

Hello, Scifieric, and thank you for the reply.
    DonDonP1 wrote: »
    Hello, Scifieric, and thank you for the reply.

;) Don't let my negative musings about DISCO distract you from your modeling work.
    And do post some updates, please. :)
  • DonDonP1DonDonP1171 Posts: 0Member
    ST-One wrote: »
    ;) Don't let my negative musings about DISCO distract you from your modeling work.
    And do post some updates, please. :)

LOL, hello. I am doing what I can, even before and after I buy myself the "Disco"-fied Enterprise model.
  • kvorshkkvorshk171 Posts: 76Member
    gerb200 wrote: »
    I wish they’d just say, “This is canon but we’re updating the look for today. Just pretend it’s always looked like this like you used to do.”

This has been said just FYI. More than once have the show runners said it is a visual reboot only.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I'm not going to even debate that new show yet again but I will say I like your model.