Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4129 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,314Member
    Thank you both! Indeed, the horizontal strip across the lab's door is there on the Enterprise as well, though the beige colors make it stand out a bit less.

Props, props, props! I'm nearly done modeling; only the CMO's computer, the hypospray and it's station, some small vials, and some plants to go! (I think, Rusty correct me if I'm wrong) :lol:

c3_28_by_rekkert-dc53biv.png
    c3_29_by_rekkert-dc53bje.png
    c3_30_by_rekkert-dc53bl3.png
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Thank you both! Indeed, the horizontal strip across the lab's door is there on the Enterprise as well, though the beige colors make it stand out a bit less.

Props, props, props! I'm nearly done modeling; only the CMO's computer, the hypospray and it's station, some small vials, and some plants to go! (I think, Rusty correct me if I'm wrong) :lol:

c3_28_by_rekkert-dc53biv.png
    c3_29_by_rekkert-dc53bje.png
    c3_30_by_rekkert-dc53bl3.png

I think that keypad on that thin table should be moved to the main desk (the intercom unit thingamajig) - it looks better there.
    Thingamajig moved to the desk. :)

Also, I've done the computer (which is a mix of the season 1 and season 7 computers from TNG) and plants for the office and waiting area. I wanted the plants to contrast a bit with the blue hues of the set, hence the colorful shades. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll finish modeling and start UV mapping the LCARS.

c3_31_by_rekkert-dc5cr4h.png
    c3_32_by_rekkert-dc5cr4v.png
    I've finished with the hypospray station and the remaining random props. Now onto UV mapping.

Also, I've seen some of my images crop up around sites I have nothing to do with, so despite not really wanting to, I'll start adding a small watermark to all my WIP images from now on.

c3_33_by_rekkert-dc5g1jx.png
    c3_34_by_rekkert-dc5g1ki.png
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1120 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,573Member
    I've posted some of the stuff you've made for me on other forums, but I'm careful to always give you written credit whenever I do.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I can't blame you for putting on a watermark; it's infuriating - but also unfortunately part and parcel of a free internet -- some folks are just downright rude, others simply obsessed, and a good many more simply have no understanding of proper etiquette or common decency. And apart from letting site administrators know, there doesn't seem that much can be done to police them.

Just as a side note: Starfleet medical personnel really need to learn how to 5S their equipment... :P
    Yeah, don't worry BolianAdmiral, your posts in other forums like Omega Sector are more than welcome, but I've seen some people lifting them up now knowing who did them (not claiming credit, but still)

Hahaha, yeah 5S is not really applied here, the concept of 'realism though imperfection' is in full swing here, even if that means a messy sickbay. :lol:

I've finished the UV maps and started with the LCARS. Rusty wanted a proper biobed monitor readout rather than the TMP era one used for TNG.

c3_35_by_rekkert-dc5iwyy.png
    Those LCARS are perfect! I too was unimpressed by the obvious recycling of TMP graphics there.

I love the ambience of this sickbay too. This, really, is how the Enterprise's sickbay should have been lit...

Having the blue strips above the beds as well as underneath them also seems to tie up together better now - part of the same sterile field/filters projection system?
    Starscream wrote: »
    Those LCARS are perfect! I too was unimpressed by the obvious recycling of TMP graphics there.

I love the ambience of this sickbay too. This, really, is how the Enterprise's sickbay should have been lit...

Having the blue strips above the beds as well as underneath them also seems to tie up together better now - part of the same sterile field/filters projection system?

The TMP graphics were out of place there. They probably never thought anyone would notice the difference (although I most certainly did). When the TNG sickbay was redressed for the Ent-A in TUC, those monitors had different graphics.

I'm hoping to soon wrap up typing up "Fool's Paradise," the third installment of "Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles." I also need to touch up the second installment, "The Scourge," which chronicles the adventures of the USS Galaxy.
    I also agree on the new LCARS. Much better than the TMP-era ones.
    The biobed graphics on TNG stood out too much, I was glad to be able to create something more fitting for those monitors.

Finished all the small LCARS, only the main screens on the ICU, the waiting room, and the office to go.

c3_36_by_rekkert-dc5ohpu.png
    c3_37_by_rekkert-dc5ohpz.png
    c3_38_by_rekkert-dc5ohqd.png
    Superb!!
    @Starscream: Thank you! :)

I've done the main sickbay monitor, so the ICU area is now finished. Only the office LCARS to go!

c3_39_by_rekkert-dc5rjd9.png
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2032 Central OhioPosts: 1,254Member
    I'd been so busy I hadn't gotten a chance to check this thread. Fantastic work as always!
    @ashleytinger: hahaha, thanks!

Here are the last couple of LCARS, and if Rusty approves, it's finished!

c3_40_by_rekkert-dc5x74t.png
    c3_41_by_rekkert-dc5x75f.png
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Absolutely gorgeous work. I love the colors (may prefer a slightly darker, bluer tone personally) and it seems like it's tangible.
    @Schimpfy: Thank you very much!

Here are some renders of the finished mesh, rendered in higher quality, as well as the cutaway graphic:

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1521268608
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1521268612
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1521268625
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1521268634
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1521268643
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1521268642
    uss_galaxy_sickbay_cutaway_by_rekkert-dc645qd.png
  • jdavidjdavid171 Posts: 0Member
    Hello. Your work is amazing. The attention to detail makes you feel as if you were there on the set. I would love to see you tackle the bridge and other sets from Star Trek The Motion Picture. To this day it still looks as impressive as any thing else in the Star Trek universe.
    Great job, as always, Rekkert!
    jdavid wrote: »
    Hello. Your work is amazing. The attention to detail makes you feel as if you were there on the set. I would love to see you tackle the bridge and other sets from Star Trek The Motion Picture. To this day it still looks as impressive as any thing else in the Star Trek universe.

Well, there are some others who have done CG versions of those sets. I point you in this direction: http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/ - this guy did a pretty good job himself of that. Though his was more TWOK than TMP.

Also - here are links to the first two installments of "Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles:"

"Sound of The Shiant" - https://www.deviantart.com/art/The-Sound-of-the-Shiant-719136968

"The Scourge" - https://www.deviantart.com/art/The-Scourge-735948155
    @jdavid: Hi! Thank you very much! Indeed as Rusty posted above, there are some amazing 3D models of those bridges already done, though I would love to tackle them myself if I have the chance.

@BolianAdmiral: Thank you! :)

@Rusty0918: Thanks for sharing them!

So, as I had previously mentioned, I'm one of the developers for Stage 9, an Enterprise-D reproduction done in Unreal Engine. This week we've released version 0.0.10, with a ton of new features, including the brand new bridge mesh done by yours truly to replace the older, less accurate version. It's pretty much the same mesh I posted about before, but optimized for use in a game engine. Both the texture work and lighting however are completely different, done by other members of our amazing team, which includes some regular SciFi-Meshes contributors.

Stage9-Win64-Shipping-Screenshot-2018.03.17-18.52.59.67.jpg

There's a lot that's brand new on this version besides the bridge, including a lot of buttons to press and places to go, here's the download page if anyone wants to give it a go (it's available on Windows, Mac, and Linux versions). There are a ton of screenshots there, but I'll post a few here:

Stage9-Win64-Shipping-Screenshot-2018.03.17-18.31.21.48.jpg
    Stage9-Win64-Shipping-Screenshot-2018.03.17-18.56.51.83.jpg
    Stage9-Win64-Shipping-Screenshot-2018.03.17-17.52.26.20.jpg
    Stage9-Win64-Shipping-Screenshot-2018.03.17-18.09.23.59.jpg
    Stage9-Win64-Shipping-Screenshot-2018.03.17-19.43.59.15.jpg
    Stage9-Win64-Shipping-Screenshot-2018.03.18-13.26.48.82.jpg
    Stage9-Win64-Shipping-Screenshot-2018.03.17-19.38.40.24.jpg
    Damn, those are some sexy renders!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Dang those are impressive renders from Stage9.... I wonder about some of those floorplans.... Great work.

@Rekkert; your work is also wonderful. I always do wonder, however, if the cool blue is a choice or just a placeholder. After all, the main sickbay we see on the Ent-D is rather yellowish.
    Aresius wrote: »
    Dang those are impressive renders from Stage9.... I wonder about some of those floorplans.... Great work.

@Rekkert; your work is also wonderful. I always do wonder, however, if the cool blue is a choice or just a placeholder. After all, the main sickbay we see on the Ent-D is rather yellowish.

The sickbay isn't the Enterprise-D's, it's the Galaxy's.

I have to say, I like how people appreciate my color choices for the interiors, it seems they're better than the Ent-D's.
    @BolianAdmiral: :D

@Aresius: Indeed like Rusty said, it's the USS Galaxy sickbay, hence the different colors. By the way, what were you wondering regarding the Stage9 floorplans?

Wellp, I've started my next bridge commission, and this one is canon! It's also one of the weirdest ones... I'm just getting some elements together to start laying things down at the moment, but can you guess what ship it is?

c1_01_by_rekkert-dc7cp8p.png
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    Odyssey?
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Odyssey?

Yep that looks like the USS Odyssey from the Jem'Hadar.

Russell
  • batboy853batboy853333 Posts: 88Member
    If it's the odyssey, may I ask what you are using for references? I thought I saw a fan made bridge schematic years ago but then it vanished.
    You may know of me as AndyP elsewhere...
    batboy853 wrote: »
    If it's the odyssey, may I ask what you are using for references? I thought I saw a fan made bridge schematic years ago but then it vanished.

The set they used for the Odyssey was seen earlier as the bridge of the USS Saratoga from the DS9 pilot "Emissary," the freighter Norkova from DS9's "The Passenger," and finally the Nebula-class Prometheus from DS9's "Second Sight." It utilized many of the components from the Enterprise-A/Excelsior bridge set from Star Treks V/VI. The set would later be redressed as the bridge of a Romulan warbird in the DS9 episode "The Die is Cast."

Yeah there was a schematic for the bridge floating about but now it's gone. My guess is Rekkert is using the Nebula-class Prometheus configuration as a base.
  • batboy853batboy853333 Posts: 88Member
    See that part I sort of assumed, but was always confused about the fake horseshoe they had, it looked almost like they just put a long table up, kept the shots really close, shaking, and blurry and hope no one would notice
    You may know of me as AndyP elsewhere...