Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBack after so many years!

InfinitySquaredInfinitySquared171 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2016 in Work in Progress #1
A lot's happened since I last posted. In any case, I'm trying to get back into 3d Modeling and here's my newest attempt at creating something I can be proud of.

Fubuki-class Destroyer, Fubuki
aJdVaBv.png
Qq7oeE6.png
zyNWVjz.png
Post edited by InfinitySquared on
Tagged:

• Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Interesting design, I can see a lot of potential here. Can you walk us through some of the features?
  • InfinitySquaredInfinitySquared171 Posts: 0Member
    Knight26 wrote: »
    Interesting design, I can see a lot of potential here. Can you walk us through some of the features?

Thanks!

I envision Fubuki to be a destroyer geared mainly towards area-defense (I still haven't modeled the PD guns) and patrol operations, but also capable of smashing the nose of whatever trouble she runs into. She often mounts sensors arrays meant for much larger warships, allowing her to cover a large area of space, though that means that even her oversized reactor struggles to power all her systems at full capacity.

(outdated) systems overview:
    yYhMc2Z.png
    • Green: crew spaces
    • Dark blue: railguns
    • Light blue: missile launchers
    • Light green: ammunition storage
    • Pink: sensors and targeting (the big vanes on either side are also among these)
    • White: fuel storage
    • Yellow: reactor
    • Teal: engines

She maneuvers mainly through thrust between her forward and reverse engines, though her nose also mounts many thrusters as it also provides a useful lever arm.
    CpyQ1wA.png
    bJoLtMc.png

The torpedo tube-like structures at the front are actually gunports for the railguns that run down the entire length of the nose. Additionally, most of her armor is concentrated in the forward angles, as that is most likely where she will get hit.
    V5wmKQ6.png

Fubuki is also capable of creating barrages of interceptor, light anti-ship missiles, and deploying decoys through her set of 32 missile launchers.
    6gGuWbw.png
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    hm. Interesting....
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Very nice. Looks like it belongs in the Yamato universe.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    or from Iron Blooded Orphins
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That looks really nice so far. I'm with Bolian Admiral, it does look like something from the Yamato universe.
  • InfinitySquaredInfinitySquared171 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks everyone! I actually did take a little inspiration from Space Battleship Yamato and Legend of the Galactic Heroes and tried to add my own style to it, I don't think I did very well in the latter, but Fubuki was fun to model.

I was busy for the past few days so I wasn't able to get very much done in UV mapping and texturing the ship. The most I got was stage one of my workflow: blocking out different colors by applying materials directly to individual faces. I was pondering a white-gray color scheme with red or even pink accents, but I think this looks good too.
    3f5b7e7f45.png
    a3740e69f8.png

I was also able to model turrets based off the historical Fubuki-class' gun armament.
    ebf879941a.png
    8a33d01116.png
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Minor nit pick with the upper main turrets, placed as they are, the rear turret does not have a clear line of fire past the forward one. You'll have a pretty substantial firing cutout dead forward as a result.