Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Creating Star Trek Phasers And Shield effects in 3dsMAX alone help

I'm looking for some help on how I would create a Star Trek shield hit effect, Phaser and torpedo effect in 3dsMAX (I have no access to After Effects), something about the phaser that i would like to do is that 1 end is parented to the firer and the other to the target so I dont have to manually animate the beam (I believe this can be done with Linkedxform?) <- Not that I know how to use that.. As you probably can tell Im new to MAX so detailed steps rather than 'generalisations' would be greatly appreciated :D (I have a basic way to create a self illuminating noise map for the phaser texture to make it look gaseous thanks to another tutorial on this forum, thanks by the way :D) So yeah, any help would be appreciated! Thanks! (If you need additional info just ask :D) Ill attach some pictures of the 'static' phaser I currently have
Phaser0013.jpg
111024.jpg
Tagged: