Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFANGs Star Trek Interiors

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    This looks really good. It may be my monitor at work, but the images seem very dark.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very pretty work!
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Totally digging that engineering setup, and really liking that bridge now too. I love the greeble elements you placed on either side of the view screen (especially that little frosted glow box to the right). I actually like the light strip feature, regardless of era, and something tells me, that technology (in universe) should be such by that time, that a feature like that would be optional, regardless of the era. It really does frame the dark background shots well, but could easily be deactivated (or even automatically varied) depending on the image being displayed.

Looking forward to more. :)
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    vZ1rY7Q.jpg
    Minimal changes and some new tests:
    As you see, i have included an emergency hatch in front of the center console (as promised). Now the turbolift may get stuck somewhere else....
    Also new is the intercom next to the lift, the dedication plaque and a new captains chair (this time with drink holder!!! gbuWL0t.jpg ).

The images on the screens are just placeholder to see how the scene reacts to the light emitted from the screens. I'm really unsure with the dominance of yellow in the interfaces and screens. Right now I am tempted to do following changes: upper screens change to [ dominant= tos-blue, then yellow and some red], screen strip change to: [menues = yellow, text= blue, activated menue-options =green, deactivated =red,]

3d elements next on the list: emergency box at the lift ( beside the fire extinguisher), weaponslocker at the security console (the small one with the currently activated red alert screen)
    Rory1707wibble
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking great. The light coming from the console graphics is great, though I agree that it could stand to be less yellow.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    excellent
  • FenniusFennius163 Posts: 82Member
    It looks very good but I think its still very dark. If you look at things like the NX and Sovereign, the colours are darker than the classic pastels but the bridge is still reasonably well lit. Not overly bright like the JJverse ones, but its a workplace - it needs to be about daylight levels or there will be eyestrain, people nodding off, or just tripping over the steps :)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looking great. The light coming from the console graphics is great, though I agree that it could stand to be less yellow.

Seconded. Love that Captains Chair.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Agreed, love it... it feels like something from the movies we never got to see... but the yellow is a bit too Klingon.
    Agreed, love it... it feels like something from the movies we never got to see... but the yellow is a bit too Klingon.

This similarity to the klingon interface is something hopping around in my mind for some time and i decided i eventually have to reinvent some klingon stuff as well. I guess i will base my designs on startrek 1 (tmp)- designs.
    So more elegant lines (d7 / Ktinga style) and the red / green tmp interface.
    Btw the first Tos Klingon light cruiser design is already in drydock: GvrtkrF.jpg

Still i'm already removing yellow elements from the enterprise's interfaces. ;-)
    Rory1707
  • FenniusFennius163 Posts: 82Member
    I actually kinda like the yellow. Its maybe a little deep, and currently quite uniform. Maybe lightened a smidge and/or mixed with some other colours - maybe blue?
    Out of curiosity i reactivated my old Pike-bridge-version and fumbled with the lighting. At least i'm surprised by the results. I think i have to try some kind of console lights for the enterprise bridge. (Right now i'm tempted to assign this bridge to another ship) K69mxEx.jpg

btw, could this be the bridge of a federation class dreadnought?
    Rory1707wibble
  • wibblewibble1143 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 510Member
    You started that in this years April and allready calling it old? Man I'm too slow for this world.
    It's the old design, before I switched over to a more "TOS-ish" Layout. The transporter room is really old. If i remember correctly, I started it six years ago. Of course I took many breaks or redid this or that object since then. But I guess it won't matter when after some more years it will be finished.
    After being inspired by this fantastic Interior thread by Rekkert, i decided to fumble a little bit with my TOSish designs. First i put some thought into the intercom design. jPdyI8i.jpg
    The screen isn't a touchscreen. Instead it works more like the displays of a car, where you can work through the menus with a turn and pressable button.
    With it you can select the Deck, section and room to open a channel to. Of course there is a numpad for fast selection of the rooms code (for example maybe Bridge 001, Bridge tactical station would be 001*2 maybe. If every message would be roomwide, there would be a lot of noise).
    Suggestions?
    Rory1707wibble
    Love it, except it keeps setting off the burglar alarm!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Very awesome work on everything! I wish the interior lighting were brighter, though... I dislike such dark lighting.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Man, this whole thread is just oozing with awesome. Nice stuff FANGs.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Very cool stuff! The bridge is instantly recognizable, yet looks a lot more functional than the classic TOS bridge.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Nice work on that little bit. It looks very well thought out and designed.
    Started working on the Kirk era conference Lounge. (Maybe it will become the Pike era Lounge, and Kirk will get the circular version of the first pilot. nLKeOZN.jpg
    It is located a deck below the bridge, at the side of the bridge module.
    You know the mainscreen in the back of the room. I added a second one to replace the iconic monitor in the center of the table, so any information gets shown in hiRes to any participating member of the mission.
    Left of the mainscreen are some glass boards to display something... maybe a shipmodel again?. Or something of earth? Some nautical instruments of the first Enterprize? I'will be thankfull for any inspiration!
    Spocks computer-interface is still a placeholder for a version with integrated memorycards (the early isolinear chips), keyboard etc.
    lolYvvS.jpg
    I changed the rooms geometry slightly to better fit for the bridge module. Additionally I added the windows and the blue stripe from the NX Enterprise.
    Rory1707wibble
    I like that a lot.
    Sometimes I'm nearly ashamed, as my progress is nearly as slow as the tectonic shift (Rekkert finishes a bridge the same timespan I need to build a console).
    BUT I'm still at it, and I will continue as long as it needs! At least I can show you some work on the bridge's centreconsole: eabvEia.jpg

The plating can be removed for maintenance. While I leave the frontplating steelgrey for the Pike era, I'm still thinking wether to use wood decor, or red plating for the kirk era. The overall change between Pike era and Kirk era should reflect the change in the ship's role from a tactical "war"ship (more conflicts back then) into the representative flagship (Already not the newest ship anymore, but famous, and for Kirk it gets polished into Starfleets figurehead.

So expect other floors on the ground (carpet?), decor panels, some more smooth curves here and there, and better lighting! Yes, you have to bear the dim Pike era lighting to enjoy the brighter 5 year mission lighting! (Until the Enterprise is taking the backseat position in Starfleet again)
    Rory1707
    Nice looking console so far. I wouldn't worry too much about your progress VS someone else's. Everyone works at their own pace and has different things going on in their lives. Plus, Rekkert is doing commissions, so there's a good reason to make haste in getting things done, as they're for clients.
    That's looking very nice FANGs, very cool design for that console!

Like evil_genius said, don't feel bad for taking a long time or compare your work to someone else's. When I started my workflow was abysmally slow, and when I do work for myself sometimes I'm still slow as an iceberg. Keep up the good work and let the results speak for themselves, even if they're slower than you'd like. :)
    Dinner time! I've tested the console with materials on the bridge.
    (Some little elements were added, like the warpcore/warpfield monitor, and the trackball)
    jOFaERh.jpg

Oh, btw if you open the picture in a new tab, the resolution is high enough to see the shield display in the background!)
    Rory1707wibble
    Amazing!

And dude, I haven't uploaded anything in forever. You go at your pace!
  • DeksDeks200 Posts: 259Member
    No offense, but the wooden conference table surface is contrasting with the rest of the environment.
    It's more likely that Starfleet would be using very thin like surfaces capable of holographic projections... think of what we saw in early TNG seasons when Ent-D encountered the Iconian outpost and Data projected a holo image of both Enterprise and the ferengi ship trapped in an energy field coming from the planet.

it's a shame we didn't see more of that (which was likely due to budget constraints)... holo interfaces seem like a more viable option for SF ships.
    Looking great in place! Love the details on the floor and steps, though be careful with the UV as some areas of the floor are a bit stretched, and I would recommend you try to apply a material with a normal map in order to get a more 3D looking floor and correct shadows there.
    It's looking great. I really like the TWOK style shield display. :)