Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTOS Voyager

trekkitrekki964 Posts: 1,416Member
edited January 2016 in Work in Progress #1
I make a TOS Voyager. I have one small Blueprint.
It will therefore not be very accurate. Here is the first test.
Have fun !
110047.jpg
Post edited by trekki on
Tagged:

• trekkitrekki964 Posts: 1,416Member
    Hangar and Nacelles Update.
    Does anyone have pictures of the TOS version?
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Though it s a nice model and well done there is a design issue at play here if you want to get your treknology geek on which makes this design in violation of "the canon universe"..

The arrowhead shape of the Constellation Class starship from STV reflects a 24th century understanding of warp field geometry and subspace physics that 22nd and 23rd century starfleet engineers did not have hence the standard saucer shaped hull.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804598 Posts: 11,184Member
    It's actually Intrepid class, but that is a good point. Though, there were at least two arrowhead shaped ships on Enterprise, so it's possible Starfleet tried the idea previously, but without that knowledge, so the results weren't the leap forward they had hoped to have been.

Those minor technical issues aside, the model looks good so far. It looks very well modeled.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Nice looking ship. The only thing I find out of place is the saucer. It looks like you've stretched out the front edges without taking the rest with it, where the saucer rises up to the bridge level.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 413Member
    I love it, cant wait to see more of it
    Update,
    Windows, phaser and more little details
    110052.jpg
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Gotta say, you've breathed some new life into the USS Garden Trowel there!

While it's never been one of my favorite designs (waaaaaay too front-heavy, and that's saying something for Fed designs) this is a nifty version of it! I do agree with Vortex, the front of the saucer section looks a bit too much like a traditional disk that's been taffy-pulled out at one edge. One thing the old Trowel had going for her was that the primary hull looked integrated, designed as one hull-form. Not sure how you can change that, tho. The grid-line pattern common to TOS ships is part of the issue.

Apart from that, this is a darned spiffy bit of work, Trekki.

Curious, are the nacelles going to do the fold-up fold-down thing? :D
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    It's actually Intrepid class, but that is a good point. Though, there were at least two arrowhead shaped ships on Enterprise, so it's possible Starfleet tried the idea previously, but without that knowledge, so the results weren't the leap forward they had hoped to have been.

Those minor technical issues aside, the model looks good so far. It looks very well modeled.

Duho! Yes indeed...Intrepid it is..dunno why I had Stargazeritis on my brain...

Anyhoo, yes trekki I will add that apart from my canon gripe I think your model is exactly what an early era "Intrepid Class" would look like...well done.
    I did not want to move the nacelles.
    But an interesting idea.
    Thanks to all for the comments
    This is absolutely stunning I love it
    I just thought, should it have a different deflector dish, almost looking like a satellite dish and not blue? And the reg number being 74656
    The deflector dish I would want to change that and I do not like. The Reg. Nr.
    should not be the same I think.
    Thanks for the Tipps

Here is my template. ...
    The deflector definitely fits the movie era better than TOS, so it's good that you have plans to change it.

NCC-74565 is clearly a 24th century registry. Fandom or not, using one that high for a 23rd century ship is pushing it. After all, the Constitution class ships mainly had NCC-16XX and NCC-17XX numbers. The Excelsior was NX/NCC-2000, and it was a brand new ship, presumably built after this one. The Constellation (class ship), presumably from the late 2270s or 2280s, was NX/NCC-1974, shown on the "Operation Retrieve" plans from the extended (home video) version of Star Trek VI.
    Here is the "new" Deflector. :thumb:
    I also find that this fits better. :)

Thank evel_genius_180 for information.
    110058.jpg
    I like the deflector. It has a Voyager look to it but fits the era better. :)
    Looks good like that. How about an Enterprise D or E next?