Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSirocco Class Fast Attack Frigate

sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
edited August 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Clay render...

The class name is a "working title"

No details yet..model is actually close to finished...might be my first...lol...will post updates in 8 days hopefully..gotta go to work so no modeling...but can discuss design.
110029.jpg
Post edited by sorceress21 on
ffg2.jpg 373.8K
Tagged:

• bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting design. Is this something from the Aliens universe? It looks like it would be in the same vein as the Sulvaco.
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow ! That's a nice one ! We need more pictures ... and a little bit more light (please).
    Great work.
    S.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Wow ! That's a nice one ! We need more pictures ... and a little bit more light (please).
    Great work.
    S.

I agree with everything stephan_ska said. :)
  • AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    Excellent work! But I wouldn't expect anything less from you! :thumb:
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Very Nice, reminds me of some of Coolhand's old stuff.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with everything stephan_ska said. :)

Thirds.
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Thanks everyone..I'm back at it and will update soon..
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208331 Posts: 0Member
    Definitely a nice looking base for this ship.
    Added new images on first post...

They are Sketchup Window images...won't be cooking any renders till I've completed primary modeling which is 98% then have a base texture.
    bbelt wrote: »
    Interesting design. Is this something from the Aliens universe? It looks like it would be in the same vein as the Sulvaco.

No, not from Aliens verse, though I do see where you might think that. The Sulaco was not an influence here, just a coincidence. All my designs are original universe.
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work! What are the four big arms midship?
    sojourner wrote: »
    Nice work! What are the four big arms midship?

Fold Drive field generators which have MANTIS arrays attached as well as slave navigation/auto-dock calibration transceivers on the tips, nav lights and short range RF comms antennas.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    I like what you have presented here, even though not full renders it really lets you appreciate the detail. Looks great, though looking forward to seeing your full renders too of course.

:thumb:
    Little bit of progress...
    110019.jpg
    A couple new images..added to first post and last..
    Coming along nicely.

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Great work, is this for the same 'verse as some of the ships you've worked on before, the sarpeadon class for example?
    Yep! Same verse..all my stuff is.

Here's the latest update..
    110054.jpg110055.png
    Looking good, really like how this design is developing, an interesting FTL drive array too.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's looking great so far. :)
    Did some detail enhancing on the engines..got rid of hex mesh and went with engine bells..
    110106.jpg
    That's looking awesome mate, nice compositing.

A couple more..different angles but same theme
    110122.jpg110123.jpg
  • SvenLittkowskiSvenLittkowski176 Posts: 20Member
    I am very happy to see an own design, and not just one more copy of the existing Star Wars or Star Trek designs! I like creativity!

And besides: your ship looks marvelous! Congratulations to that amazing design!

The only thing missing now are some nice videos (animations) of this ship, maybe on YouTube or so. I would love to see it from all sides!
    Sven, you do have a point, but I think you're selling these forums a little short if you're criticising them for not having enough original content, I have my browser set up to show 30 threads per page, and here in that first 30 there are 13 original universe works not connected to a franchise, so personally I think that's pretty good going. There's quite a lot of unique and fine work on display here if you look for it, and even the works related to franchises often do something new and original with that material. Creativity and originality comes in many forms.

Back on topic, once again these are some fantastic renders Sorceress, your lighting on your model is spot on.

• StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    This is real fine! love your work on the mesh, and your rendering and compositing skill is spot on!

I would also like to put in a few pennies about the SW ST designs on this forum, At first I felt kinda overwhelmed by it all but then I began to look at the way both camps work the detailing on their ships

Star Wars - (over-the-top greebles and what-not)

Star Trek - (more "Regal and Elegant" detail)

and I've come to appreciate the discipline it takes to do either well. I feel I have grown tremendously from watching these guys and then going my own way...

... END OF LINE ...
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    I think a lot of modelers get their start modeling an existing design as a lot of that is just learning the software...and remember, a modeler is not always an artist, nor is an artist always a modeler. I think modeling and artistic creation are two different disciplines that yield fantastic results either independently or combined. So when you get modelers that never do original work you may just be seeing a "modeler" vs. a creative artist. Modeling in itself is less of an art vs. a skill. What I think is rare is to see someone with mastery at both. on my design...thanks a bunch...still more to come.
  • sawsaw0 Posts: 0Member
    I love the render and compositing. (also the ship design) I don't do a lot of modeling just because of time. This is a hobby for me. Lighting, rendering and compositing is the part I enjoy the most, so the little time I have outside of work and family I like to focus on that. There are so many great models of Star Trek and Star Wars stuff out there it's really fun to work with.
    Here's a render test setup for the "Baseball Card"...now you guys can see the details in their full glory...LOL And its still not done....
    110138.jpg
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    I generally like it. The weapons suite might benefit from a little work. As is this thing can lay down some serious fire to the front but seems defenseless from the rear. If something small with a gun got behind it your ship could be in a world of hurt.

You might want to add some stuff to cover the rear quarters. Small turrets or small missile pods, or small missile pods on turrets even. These could defend against small attack craft coming in at your ship's rear hemisphere and possibly intercept missiles fired by attack craft from that arc.